Chapter 12: Caught

The trio was walking in silence. A centipede crawled to them. Kat raised her eyebrows and placed the stuffed bear into it. A flashlight glared at them, at the end of the flashlight stood sister Helley. Both of the girls winced as the flashlight blinded them.

Sister Helley lowered the flashlight, "Well..."

Raúl stood in front of (y/n) as she waved awkwardly, "Hi, Sister Helley." He also waved.

She questioned them, "Why weren't you three on the bus?"

"Uh, (y/n) and Kat needed me to be a witness?" Raúl explained as (y/n) put her hands on her face.

She stepped forward, "It's our fault. Didn't want to see our parent's grave alone."

"I see. Well, we have a long, cold walk back." Sister Helley informed as she moved closer to them.

****

Wendell and Wild were below a pole with a cross on it, "Eh, they'll show up at some point." Wendell exclaimed, carefree.

"Meanwhile..." Wild trailed off.

"I say it's time to test the cream!" Wendell exclaimed, he along with his brother slid down the building.

"Look, a fresh-dug grave!" Wild informed his brother and ran over to Father Best's grave.

"Time to eat dirt, Sparky!" Wild says as their loyal companion neighs at him and begins eating the dirt after he is done, he slurps while licking his lips, pulls away from the dirt, and whines happily.

Wild gave Sparky a bug to eat as a reward, both brothers jumped into the ditch to revive the coffin.

Wild puts his hands on the coffin, "Here we go." Wendell grunts as they lift the coffin and put it down on top of the dirty ground.

Both crawled out of the ditch and walked to the coffin, they lifted the top to reveal Father Bests- who was pale, tongue sticking out and his hands out.

"Ooh, that is one messed-up man of the cloth." Wild looked at his Wendell, eyebrows furrowed.

Wendell looked at Wild, "Sure, but if we can raise him, we can raise anyone in the cemetery." Wendell grabbed the hair cream and applied it to the body of Father Bests. Sparky titled its head and grunted in curiosity.

The brother waited and watched both excitedly and anxiously, to see if Father Bests would come alive again. Wild tapped his hands together.

The cream on Father Bests disappeared as the cream absorbed itself into him. He did not wake.

"Wendell?" Wild questioned.

"Mm-hmm?" Wendell made a noise of acknowledgment.

"It's not working," Wild informed, bummed out.

They looked at each other before Father Bests quickly rose and retched water out of him.

The bothers fell as there was a lot of water, "Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!" Wendell cheered.

"It worked!" Wild celebrated.

"Whoo!" Wendell shouted.

They got up and held hands before jumping up and down.

Sparky just watched all of this unfold.

Father Bests coughs and opens his eyes and sees Wendell and Wild celebrating.

"Who did it?" Wendell asked, cheerfully.