Chapter 15: Dead Arisen

"It sounded just like him on the phone." Lane stood back while Irmgard stepped towards the lake and put the bottom part of a club into the water.

"It couldn't have been. We drowned him right here." She dragged the club in the water to check a couple of times before lifting it.

They looked into the water before spotting Father Bests beside them, as a result of this the couple jumped away from him and screamed, and Lane fell to the ground.

"You're supposed to be dead!" Irmgard screamed

Lane insulted him, "You look bloody hideous!"

"I like my new look." Before ducking down because she tried to hit him with a club she growled.

Best's whimper as he runs away, "Get him, Lane!" She looked back at her husband before running after him,

"Come back here, you little..." Lane shouted, as they ran after him they started grunting while Bests slipped on the snow which caused him to fall.

"Gonna pop your clogs permanently!" She raised her club, "Wait! I-I-I can get you the votes!" Lane stopped his wife.

"Ah!"

"For our new prison?" She asked.

"How?" Lane questioned.

Bests sighs and stands up.

"The council votes tomorrow!"

Bests snaps his fingers, "These are my partners, Wendell and Wild."

The pair looked at each other with questioning looks.

Wild spoke, "Um, we raised Padre, here."

"From the dead," Wendell added on, and his brother nodded in agreement.

Bests spoke up, "Now, they can raise the old-guard members you need."

Irmgard looked disgusted, "The ones rotting in the cemetery?"

Wendell replied, "Sure! Have 'em all cleaned up, ready to vote by morning?"

The couple grabbed each other's hands and started laughing, "Yes!"

"Get those prison votes, and we'll make you rich."

Wendell and Wild lit up, "Rich enough to build our Dream Faire?" Wild asked while Wendell pulled out the folder.

"Certainly!" Lane exclaimed.

"We'll pull the permits, fast-track construction-" Irmgard got cut off, "And Bob's your uncle!"

The brothers high-fived each other before the father of the school cleared his throat, "And what about my school?"

Lane took his hands and clasped them together, "Of course, Father. RBC shall have our full financial support now!" And shook hands with the father.

They got into their golf cart, and Lane hummed, "Those brewery workers are in the same cemetery."

His wife looked in shock, "Gah! By the way, do you plan to raise anyone else from the dead?"

Wendell stammered, "Well, uh, our Hell Maidens' parents-"

Lane cut him off, "No, no! No, no, no, no, no! If you raise anyone else in the cemetery-"