We are all part of it, even you (7)

Few months have passed. Traveler stayed this whole time in Sumeru and got closer to Collei and her Master. They all were doing pretty good so far. As the time passed by Aether and the green haired girl didn't leave each others side. They also accidentally found out about the secret relationship between Tighnari and General Mahamantra (Cyno). The four of them even had dinner together couple of times, so they get to know each other quite well. Recently Cyno was visiting Avidya Forest Watcher (Tighnari) more than usual. Sora and his new friend decided to give them privacy. So whenever general would arrive they would take walk, play or do their job together.
___________________________

"Hey, Collei why don't you just ask him?" Started Aether."Ask...what are you talking about?" Girl replied not sure what he meant."I'm talking about relationship between you and Master." He said as he laughed lightly.

Collei was all red on her face. She didn't know what to say."Just tell him already. That look of yours, attitude and respect towards him...everyone can see it from far away how important is he to you." Blondie continued.The girl stopped and looked at the ground. She was so embarrassed of her actions.

"Head up. Not only you care about him, it also works the other way. You see him as a father figure, don't you?" as Sora said that he come closer to her and took her hand."I..." She tried do answer but couldn't get any words come out of her mouth."Just try calling him 'dad'..." Boy continued and looked her in the eyes. They told her to trust him. She couldn't say no and decided to give it a try.

"Now come on, I'm getting hungry." Sora said and looked toward their home. Then his look was again on the girl as he smirked. He touched her shoulder and screamed."The last one's going to wash the dishes!" Before Collei realized what has just happened Aether already let go of her and ran towards the place they come from."Eh? Sora you little!... You gonna regret it!" She said as she started chasing him.

___________________________

At some point the green-haired girl knew she had no chance if she was to chase after him. So she come up with better plan. Since she was living here for longer time than Traveler she knew every path in the forest and that's what made it easier for her to win this challenge. As she took the best option and was about to get to home she bumped into somebody. When she got up she saw 2 men. One with dark hair, straight face and polearm and the other one with orange hair and bow. They were similar height and both of them had strange clothes. As the ginger saw her he smiled and come closer.

"Hey there!" He said as his smile got bigger."Hello. Can I help you?" She replied."Actually yes. Have you perhaps seen a short boy with long blond hair? Usually he would tie them in pigtails. He has amber eyes. He usually would wear shirt witch cuts exposing his stomach, big pants witch are supported by belt. On his hands you would see gloves and as for his legs he would wear shoes witch go all the way up to his knees." Continued boy.

"Could you tell me what is his name?" Asked Collei as she began to have bad feeling about this."It's Aether" Said the other one."Well, I'm sorry but I don't know him nor have I seen anyone like that." Replied green haired girl.

At the same time she looked towards the place she was going to. With her eyes wandering around from one direction to another she made it clear to both of them that she knew something.

"Are you sure? He's quite well known." They pressured her hoping she would say something more but it didn't work."I'm sorry but I can't help you. Besides I have important matters to do so if you excuse me." She replied after a while with fake smile. As she said it she headed towards her previous direction. After no time she was not to be seen by them.

___________________________

As she reached the spot she saw that Sora was already here. Knowing that set her mind at peace for a while. But the aura around her showed how sad and coincidence she was. This did not go unnoticed by Tighnari. He could tell something bothered her from the way she looked. After the dinner as Collei went washing the dishes because of the bet she lost Master come up to her.

"Collei is there something you want to tell me?" He asked. She was so surprised to hear his voice out of nowhere that she almost dropped the plate she was holding."I can see that something's wrong. Tell me what is going on, maybe I can help you." He continued.

At first she heisted but then she decided to tell him about what happened on her way here. When she done talking she looked Avidya Forest Watcher in his eyes. As she did she met his straight face and cold looking eyes. The same time she saw it she knew it wasn't just some considerence and Sora might be in danger. Not only her but Tighnari as well knew something was not right. After he gave it some thinking he decided to keep it a secret from Traveler.
___________________________

From that day master made sure that Aether had not left the village and always found him new things to do so he wouldn't get bored. As for the two strange men he asked Cyno to send people to follow them and got report about this matter every week.

Everything was going on smoothly for the time being. The four of them got closer and treated each other like a family members that none of them had for a long time.
___________________________

One day as Collei and Sora done their jobs they were given they went to talk with Tighnari. When they stepped inside he was doing dinner and General Mahamantra was sitting here while drinking coffee and looking at some paperwork.

Aether pressured the green haired-girl for some time now so she decided to get it over with. She looked at master for a while. Then her eyes from Tighnari started to look at the floor."D-dad we have done our job... Is there anything else you would like us to do?" With each word she spoke, her voice grew quieter.Her face turned red as she started feeling ashamed of what she said. She hated herself for listening to what Traveler was saying and doing so.

"No the dinner is almost ready, so just wait a little." The reply was heard by both of them. Tighnari added some spices as he realized what just happened. He immediately looked at Collei. They eyes met and she started crying."I-i'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" She tried to explain herself but she was cut of.

Avidya Forest Watcher went closer to her. When she saw it she turned her face away. She couldn't look him in the eyes. It was as if she humiliated him. The person that took care of her and helped her for years. Suddenly she felt arm around her shoulders. She looked up to see what was going on but before she did that she heard Tighnari speaking."I so happy...that you see me as a father." He said with trembling voice and hugged her even tighter. She hugged her back.

"Hey! What about me?" Yelled Cyno as he come closer and joined them. After while of hugging they all looked at Aether."What are you standing for there like a fool?" Said General Mahamantra."This is family moment. We are all part of it. This family wouldn't be completed if you weren't there, Sora, so just stop starting at us and give us that goddamn hug kiddo." Continued dark haired man.

Traveler could feel as tear of happiness wandered around his cheeks. He run to them and gave them as tight hug as he could. At that moment they truly become a family. From that moment everything was only better, at least that was what they thought.

__________________________

- 1375 words

Author's note: YEAH! The background for this story is done.

From now on the story should get more interesting :>