What is it..? (15)

It's been a month since Sora had that strange dream. He can't stop thinking about it. Who was this woman he was chatting with? And more importantly who was the person that he wanted to visit? Aether didn't seem to find the answers to these questions, and each day he had even more and more of them. What was that place and why did the blondie not remember it at all?

As if this whole situation alone didn't bother him enough, these two strange people keep on coming here. They have been following him almost everywhere. Although there were a couple of situations where they did help him out, but Sora was still not used to being monitored all the time throughout the day. Once, when he tried to get rid of them by telling them he was hungry, they went and came back a few moments later with enough food to feed whole village. They watched over him as Aether ate what they had prepared. The blondie was not hungry at all , but he was not one to waste food, so he ate what he could.

Their presence often interfered with his duties and daily life, given how people were afraid to approach Sora, let alone talk to him. This forced him to stay in the village. During the day Traveler practised with Tighnari or helped Collei with her work, and at night he tried to sleep. Sora 'tried' as he always woke up in the middle of the night. This has been happening ever since he had that strange dream.... Since the two of them came here. Every time Aether woke up he could feel the presence of someone in the room. Although he never saw anyone he had the feeling that there was someone watching him.

__________________________

"Aether" Blondie heard from behind his back. As Sora turned around he saw Childe and... Xiao following right behind him. "What are you doing?" Fatui asked as they got closer. "Just... the usual" Traveler said as he turned his gaze towards the adeptus that had his eyes fixed on him for a while now. "And you?" Sora questioned the ginger that now held his hand out to him in a gesture of greeting. Lumine's twin ignored what the man did and watched him waiting for an answer. He looked at the blondie with mischievous look on his face as he took his hand back. "You know, 'just the usual' " The grin on his face grow wider as he replied.

To be honest, Aether was irritated by his answer, but he wasn't going to show it. Especially since he had noticed that Childe's favourite activity was to annoy and drive those around him crazy. Showing that he had gotten under Traveler's skin would have given him too much wolfish satisfaction, so he clenched his fists and smiled at the man's words. Sora waited for a while for someone to say something. Not having heard anything more from them, he decided to go back to what he was doing by starting to walk towards his room.

"Are you going to your room?" Yaksha asked Traveler. His voice didn't sound cocky but rather sincere. "Yes, I want to get some sleep..." The boy replied and continued on walking as he was exhausted from hours of training with his 'dad'.

When Aether returned to his room he laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. Today has been a tiring day. The blondie thought, turning his head towards the window. As he opened his eyes, he saw a strange material lying on the nightstand, which was just below the window. Sora sat down on the bed and reached for it. It resembled a belt or some kind of a scarf. It was made of white fabric with stark yellow patterns and had gold ornaments on it, which seemed strangely familiar.

What is it doing here? I don't recall having anything like this . Traveler thought while looking at the piece of clothing. The texture of the material was familiar. After a while he understood how he recognised the ornaments and the pattern on the material.

Sora went to the wardrobe and took out the clothes his 'dad' had given him on 'that day'. When he put the clothes next to each other, he realised that it was a piece of that particular garment. The boy already knew what it was, the only question left was... Where did it come from?

__________________________

- 732 words

Author's note:

Given that I have not had any ideas on how to continue the story for a long time, I would be grateful if you would write to me with your own ideas for the story. So far I know what might happen in the next part but I don't know if I won't take some time off to work on the story.