Tell Me: James Potter

The floorboards creaked and ached mockingly. Someone was standing just behind Y/n's desk, breathing like a hound. She tapped some of the final powder into her vial while keeping her gaze strapped to the table. The floorboards groaned once more, and Sirius Black sauntered past her desk finally. A look of disapproval tangled with a snarl captured his face. His lazy, smug-ridden face. Her eyes rolled back, as her fingers held a tighter grip around the stirring spoon. Sirius shook his head backwards to purposely show off his hair to the girls at his table.

"Fucking twat." Y/n muttered through her teeth, rolling her eyes with more disgust this time. A muscular arm wrapped around her shoulders from behind and a head hovered to the side of her neck, lips centimeters from her skin.
"Who's the twat this time?" James questioned into her ear, a grin spreading across his face. She placed her hand atop his and leaned around to place a quick kiss on his lips. Cedar and fresh balsam wafted into her nose.
"You smell lovely, James." She smiled and pulled out the chair next to her.
"Y/n, you haven't told me who's the twat." He took the seat, not breaking eye contact with her until she drowned her gaze into the potion.

"Y/n..." He repeated himself, urging her to look up again.
"James.." She impatiently remarked with drawn out syllables. "You know who I was referring to. He can't behavior like a proper human being." She glanced toward the side of the room. Sirius Black occupied a tall wooden stool between Remus Lupin and two other girls, shamelessly flirting with them both at once. His arrogant grin that took up half his face angered her more than anything.

"Y/n..." James mumbled into her neck, placing a sloppy kiss on her pulse point. "He's my best mate, can't you pretend not to hate each other." He pressed his lips against her again. She forced a small giggle and wove her fingers into his hair to tug him off.
"I don't hate him. I'd just prefer anyone's company over his. And would like to not see his face ever again."
"Y/nnnnn." James pouted and placed his hand on her thigh, squeezing it lightly. The potion before her illuminated a hazy blue color with wisps of smoke swirling above.
"Ahh, fine. We can hang out tonight after classes and you can invite him." Y/n said defeatedly, staring softly into James's puppy-dog eyes.

He wrapped his hands lightly around the back of her neck and smushed his lips onto hers.
"Thank you thank you thank you." He said kissing her in between each time.
"Mmhm. You can thank me after this disaster of an evening. I've got to finish my potion now so my grade doesn't get lowered any further." She said and grabbed the stirring stick once more.

The day dragged on, though the remaining classes were not as difficult as the potion's lesson. Y/n wasn't present when James told Sirius about his ingenious plan in forcing the two of them to spend time together, but she saw his facial reactions across the dining table. She was enjoying lunch with a couple friends when a loud clank shattered through the hall. The chatter of lunch died down for a second or two but quickly resumed. Sirius had dropped his fork to his plate with a widened expression of shock as if he'd been betrayed. Lovely. Y/n thought to herself, dreading this even more.

Later that night in the Gryffindor common room, Y/n sat on the sofa with her feet dangling in James' lap and her head propped on the cushions. His fingers curled around her ankles and massaged them from time to time.
"You're so pretty when you're so focused on homework like that." James muttered. She looked up from her book. He was staring at her with a wide grin all over his face.
"Yeah?" She asked and shut her book. "And you look so pretty when your hair's all messed up." Y/n said, pushing her books to the floor.

"But my hair's not-" James began but was interrupted by Y/n climbing onto his lap and kissing him. Her hands twisted into his dark curls, tugging them until he moaned into her mouth. He opened his mouth more to her and began circling his tongue softly against hers. She rocked her hips against his growing bulge, and he slipped his hand underneath her dress onto her back. His hand felt strong but gentle running over her skin. They were so caught up in each other they didn't hear the portrait door open.