A Promising Surprise Part Two

This is part two of A Promising surprise
Read, little midgets!
-----------------------------------

Annabeth POV

What was this 'promising surprise'?

I couldn't think of anything! It killed me, not knowing!

I just let the day get on with. But it was so hard to see Percy like this.

Then, right when we were getting out of class and heading toward the common rooms for free period, Percy asked, "Can we go sit by the lake?"

If it make him not act so strange then yes!, I thought.

He pumped his fist.

We were gazing at the beautiful water when Percy brought out a box. It looked like a ring box! On that box it said, 'We are staying together'

Oh my gods! He was giving me a promise ring!

"Annabeth," he said, "when I met you, I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing you are. You made me feel so much better no matter what. And when we fell into Tartarus, I knew that both of us would survive because we are staying together. That is a promise from me. And I intend to keep that promise. So here is a promise ring."

He slid a ring onto my finger. It was made of gold, but the charm was circular, half sea green and half gray. It had an Ancient Greek inscription saying, 'We're staying together.'

"Oh Percy, it's beautiful," I sobbed.

As we walked back together, I couldn't help but think about how perfect Percy is.
-------------------------------
*

That's the end little midgets! Beautiful, right?

-da dam author