Chapter 2: Don't Leave Me

-Y/N's POV-

Please let me be there before it's too late...

I keep on repeating this thought every time I pass by a house on an empty street.

It was pretty dark considering that it was almost 10 PM.

The wind was breezing over my face and I felt myself shiver under the cold weather.

But I didn't mind that.

All I could think about was my parents. And I hope that I could be there before it's too late.

Sadly I couldn't hail a cab cause the streets look quite empty, so I had no choice but to run from my house to the hospital where Dr. Blalock has mention.

Luckily the hospital wasn't too far from where I stayed so I would probably reach there in like 10-15 minutes or so.

Hang on mom and dad, I'm coming...

What seems like forever, the hospital finally came into view from the corner of my eye.

Seems like there are less patients inside the hospital considering that some staff members are less busy and are chatting amongst themselves.

I took chance and ran straight inside the hospital and into the receptionist desk.

A guy sitting with his glasses on and was typing away in a computer keyboard.

He still hasn't noticed that I was in front of him so I decided I would make myself noticeable.

"Excuse me, sir? I was informed by one of the doctors who worked here that my parents were in a car accident"

The guy looked up now taking me entirely in.

He looked pretty grumpy but in other ways, he didn't show any signs of anger or madness.

"Name of the doctor?" he said in a deep voice. He seems pretty bored.

"Dr. Alfred Blalock, sir" I said while panting.

I haven't even noticed that I almost ran out of breath considering that I've just ran from my house to the hospital.

"Please wait" he said with that usual tone again.

I sat down somewhere far away from the commotion of staff members, but not too far away from the receptionist desk either.

A few minutes later, the same guy from the receptionist desk called me and gestured me to a guy who looked a bit taller, somewhere around 6ft. I guess.

He wears his glasses, and he still had his lab coat on and let me just say, that red tie went really well with his attire.

"Sir, she has been saying that she received a call from you" the receptionist said.

"That is indeed right. I believe you should be Y/N Y/L/N?" Dr. Blalock said while stretching his right hand for me to shake it.

I took his hand in mine and shook them gently "indeed I am sir" I said while shaking his hands.

He withdrew his hand from mine and his tone became a little bit worried once he said these next words.

"I believe you wanted to see them now?" said Dr. Blalock.

I nodded and he nodded back. Turning his back, he started walking away and I followed suit.

Of course before going to follow him, I thanked the receptionist.

"Thanks" I said to the guy.

He didn't say anything in return but he just nodded and went back to his typings.

I followed Dr. Blalock through the hallways, crowded with nurses and other doctors carrying charts, equipments, and etc.

We have entered the emergency room now, it was really bright but nonetheless, it was really fancy.

I haven't been inside of this part of the hospital before so it was probably my first time being here.

Anyways, as I was saying...

We stopped in front of a curtain that was still drawn in front of a patient's bed.

This must be it. This must be where my parents are...

I thought to myself.

Dr. Blalock withdrew the curtains, and what I saw made me sob immediately.

There they were, covered in scratches, bruises and cuts along their arms, face, legs.

My parents were still unconscious but the heart monitor indicates that they're still breathing.

I sank to my knees and went in between their bed looking at them with much, much worry.

I sobbed uncontrollably, I didn't even remember when was the last time I cried this much.

I held my mom's and dad's hand in mine.

While sobbing I heard Dr. Blalock say something "we found some things that were in your parents' car when we went to investigate the accident".

I looked up to see him gesturing to some wrapped up gifts that were placed in a table beside their beds.

"They must be about to surprise you, miss Y/N" said Dr. Blalock with sympathy.

"I heard them spoke about it this morning. They even tried to keep their voices to a minimum for me not to hear it" I said while chucking at the memory of this morning.

Dr. Blalock just smiled and said "would you like to open the presents now?".

I pushed myself to stand up from where I was kneeling and made my way to the table where the presents were laid.

There were two wrapped gifts that were displayed on the table; one of them looked like a small box and the other one is a rectangular one. I reckon it's something like a picture frame.

"I think I would like to just take them home and open it there" I said.

Dr. Blalock just nodded and looked towards the beds of my parents.

I dragged a chair with me in between the beds and sat down.

I looked between my mom and my dad, they're both still unconscious but they're still breathing.

"Doctor, you've mentioned that they have a short chance of living..."

"Sad to say, but it's true"

The room became silent after that, none of us spoke which made the atmosphere quite cold all of a sudden.

-Time Skip-

It's already almost 11 PM and still my parents haven't woken up.

I'm starting to get the feeling that they would survive.

Most accidents are like this, they would be unconscious for hours and they would be awake after some time.

My hopes were literally the only ones keeping me sane at the moment.

I was in the cafeteria getting some coffee to keep me awake when I noticed that doctors (that includes Dr. Blalock) and some nurses running to the emergency room.

I went to see what the commotion was, only to see that they were already pulling the covers over their heads.

The doctor who I recognized; Dr. Blalock, checked his watch and announced "Time of death: 10:48".

The coffee in my hand slipped and I didn't bother.

I stood there, frozen as if someone poured me a bucket of very cold water.

I immediately sank down to my knees beside my mom and dad, and started to sob uncontrollably.

"No, no, no... please... don't leave me..." was all I was saying over and over again.

Dr. Blalock tried to comfort me, but it was no use.

Nothing could make me feel better after what I've just witnessed.

"Please... don't leave me mom, dad..."

What would I do without you?