Chapter 14: Hold On

(*Warning* mention of blood)

-Y/N's POV-

-The Next Day-

I woke up once again to the sun hitting me straight in the face, this time I didn't grumbled like I used to, now I just left my eyes closed before opening them slowly.

I woke up and look around my room to help my eyes adjust to the lighting.

As I brought my hand up to rub my eyes I suddenly felt a heavy pain on my right hand. I then remembered what happened that made me have this bruise.

I sighed and sat up form my bed I stretched, this time being carefully of my hand, I'm honestly afraid to hurt it even more because what if it will be a permanent bruise if I keep on moving it and not tending to it.

And then I remembered.

I remembered that yesterday was the day Alan has left me. He didn't say goodbye to me personally but he did say goodbye to me in a letter which was still kept in my nightstand drawer.

The thought of not seeing him again today pains me already.

I was already used to the smell of fresh breakfast coming from the kitchen every morning when I wake up, I was used to his voice waking me up when I couldn't get up from my bed.

And I was used to having a conversation with Alan every time when we're eating together, not just eating together but also we would speak to each other whenever, wherever and anytime about anything and everything.

But now, as I stood up from my bed, I couldn't feel the same energy I was feeling whenever he is around.

I tried to close my eyes and take a deep breath as if it would help me relieve the feeling of him being by my side.

But nothing worked. No matter how hard I tried to get that feeling back, it still didn't work.

Instead of breaking down like I did yesterday, I just shrugged and made my way out of my bedroom not even bothering to fix my bed or to wash the sleep off of my face.

I walked out of my bedroom feeling the quiet air revoking around me with every step I take.

I now made my way towards the kitchen and open the fridge even though I didn't have anything suitable to eat something for breakfast I at least have some fresh milk left and some cereal.

At least if I'm feeling this way again I should at least try to keep my body safe from being weak and tired.

As I finished my bowl of cereal I placed my dish on the sink still afraid of washing the dishes.

Even though I know that there aren't any sharp objects in the sink, I still didn't want to do it.

When I thought about that, it brought me back to the moment where Alan helped me when I got hurt by something sharp while I was washing the dishes.

I didn't have the motivation to wash the dishes anyway, more or else to tend to a small wound on my arm, wrist or finger.

So instead of doing that I went to my bedroom, opened my closet and grabbed an oversized coat and arranging my hair a little bit, then I grabbed my house keys and got out of my house, locking the door before going wherever my body wished to go.

I walked around the neighborhood seeing the sun shining bright in the blue sky and seeing the other neighbors having a good time.

I looked at them with an expression that brought a small smile on my face. Despite the pain that I'm feeling, I managed to bring the first ever genuine smile to my face.