Chapter 18: Easy.

I never lied when I said to Indila I didn't blame Jonathan. I don't, believe me. But for some reason, I can't look at him in the eyes.

So I avoid him. Until now.

With the huge bag of Cheese And Bacon Lay's , I walk slowly to his room and stand there, not coming in. He doesn't realize I'm here yet: He's sitting in his desk, turning his back on me and writing something. Academy work I guess, since it's summer.

I knock on the door.

"I'm not hungry, mom".

Uh.

After considering it, I knock again.

"Mom, I'm seriously bussy. I'm searching for the documents to change her name. But I think it's gonna be easy, because she is a ghost and... " And he turns to me. He cuts it in mid-sentence.

"I don't think I've ever been this glad I'm a ghost" I say.

Jonathan stands slowly. Everyone has been making slow moves around me, like if I could break easily or be scared away.

"I... I didn't know you were there".

"I figured" I bring the chips next to my face "Want some? I'm obsessed".

I don't get nothing else but staring.

I sit on the floor at the end of his bed, anyway. The wooden floor cracks under my weight. I wait for him to sit next to me, and when he does, I offer him the bag.

He takes it, and for a while, we pretend there's nothing wrong.

"They're new? I've never have them before".

I shrug.

"Who knows? I've been in Wal-mart before, but I haven't really get close to the chips. North, he is... healthy. Besides, Wal-mart is magical. Everytime I go, I find new things" .

He laughs.

And then, silence once more.

"Will you forgive me?" Jonathan mutters.

"It's not your fault, Jonathan".

"It is".

"No, it's not".

"Sang. It is. I was supposed to protect you"

"Says who?"

He looks conflicted.

"Everybody knows that. I'm your big brother".

"Oh, cut it already! We are twins!"

"I told you I'm minutes older than you!"

"I told you that's nothing".

"And I told you in the twins' world that means everything".

I pinch him.

"Ouch! Did you just pinch me?"

"Yes! You're being such a baby".

"Says the younger sister".

"Stop it" I try to pinch again but he fights back.

"Ouch!".

"Now you know how that feels!".

"I can't believe you pinched me!"

"It's only fair".

I pinch his cheeks, hard.

"How does this feel?"

He complains before trying to pinch mines and undoing my hair. At the end of a game none of us wins, we lie next to each other on the floor and stare at the floor.