Investigation

INVESTIGATION START!

Okay... I'll take a look at this Monokuma File. Hopefully it contains the truth...

You pulled out your E-Handbook and noticed that a new tab called, "Truth Bullets" appeared. You clicked on it, and, "Monokuma File #1" was the only option in there as of now. You then clicked on it. The first thing you see was a picture of Byakuya and his information next to it. There was also an "X" written over the picture, along with the word "DEAD".

It was pretty fucking depressing to look at.

The victim is Byakuya Togami, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny.

The victim's body was discovered in the dining hall of the old building near the Hotel Mirai. The time of death is estimated to be 11:30PM.

The victim has been repeatedly stabbed over ten times between the throat and abdominal region, resulting in death.

No other external injuries or chemicals such as poison were detected.

You tried to scroll more, but that seems to be the end of it.

Repeatedly stabbed over ten times...? Jesus fucking Christ... poor Byakuya.

At least this seems to contain the truth, so it's worth it to keep this all in mind...

Once you looked up from the E-Handbook, you noticed that everyone was already gone. Everyone except Mahiru and Mikan. Mikan was standing nearby, she seemed to be deep in thought about something, while Mahiru was sitting in a chair nearby. She had her head buried in her arms.

Dammit, this is the despair Monokuma craves, huh? Fuckin bastard...!

With a shaky step, you walked over to Mahiru.

"Hey..." you softly called out to her. She lifts her head up and looks at you. Her eyes were wet, however, she hasn't shed a tear yet. She still had that frightened look and her face, but who wouldn't in this situation?

"Why, Y/N...?" she weakly asked. "Why did Byakuya... Wh-Why did someone..."

"I-I don't know, Mahiru..." you weakly replied. "But I do know that whoever did this... deserves no mercy...!"

"W-We can't get his Hope Fragments anymore... We-We're stuck here... We can't... W-We can't..."

She couldn't hold it in anymore as she softly starts crying. You walked up in front of her and got down on one knee. You then opened up your arms and she gives you a confused look.

"C'mon... You know you want to..." you softly said.

She hesitates for a moment before she throws herself at you, almost knocking you over. She wraps her arms around you tight as she starts crying to your shoulder.

"It's okay..." you slowly patted her back. "W-We'll find another way... I-I'm sure there's another way... We can't fall into Monokuma's despair...!"

You tried to be optimistic for her sake, but in reality, you weren't too sure yourself. The only sure way you knew of escaping was gone...