Cured?

You know how most of the time, you don't realize you're in a dream and you think it's real until you wake up? Keep that in mind.

———————————————

You slowly opened your eyes as you heard a loud creaking sound.

Where... am I?

You feel the room sway from side to side. That, along with the creaking sound, was really unnerving.

You tried to stand up and gather your surroundings, but you couldn't.

H-Huh? Why can't I move?

Looking across the room you see two figures... two girls. Mahiru Koizumi and Hiyoko Saionji. Hiyoko looked different. Why did she look so different?

Hiyoko's appearance wasn't the only thing that off.

Both of their eyes... they were red. There was a faint glow to them as well.

It wasn't red, like Peko's. It was more... sinister.

What the hell?

"Oh, so you're awake?" you hear Mahiru call out from across the room. "How is it?"

How is it...?

"Still can't move it, obviously." "You" chuckled. "But I can still feel it, weirdly enough."

Feel it...? Wh-What's going on!? I didn't say that!

"I still can't believe you and Nagito did that!" Hiyoko laughed. "I guess that just shows how much more committed to despair you are than us. I'm jealous!"

What... did Nagito and I do?

C-Committed to despair...!?

"Hey, me and Hiyoko were looking at some photos. Want to join in?" she smirked as she held up her camera.

"Yeah, why not?" "You" stood up and walked over to them, sitting down. "We're stilling heading there?"

"Yep, still heading there."

There...? Where are we? Why am I in a room with just them? Where's everyone else?

"Damn." "You" sighed. "That creaking is really starting to get on my nerves."

I— I didn't say that either!

"Hmph! You're not the only one!"

What is going on...? Why can't I move or speak!?

And so, Mahiru began to show "you" the pictures on her camera.

The first picture was a picture of everyone in your class...

Expect Hajime...

And there was that Chubby guy again, except he had light brown hair this time.

Who...?

There was also a woman with orange hair wearing an apron. Someone you've never seen before.

And finally, Hiyoko was there. She had the same hair style, but she was much shorter, just like the Hiyoko you knew.

What...? How is she so much taller?

The next photo she showed you, made your blood run cold.

It was... Chiaki... laying in a pool of blood. Multiple spears were through her body.

Wha...? Chiaki...? Why is...

"It sucks she had to die." Mahiru said calmly.

"Yeah, but, she's the reason why we saw how great this feeling of despair is!" Hiyoko dreamily said.