A Life That Dies Once...

...

...

*KA-BLAM!*

A loud crashing sounded echoed throughout the building... Your eyes snapped wide open as you shot up.

Wha...? What the hell was that...? An earthquake...?

You looked over toward Hajime who was on the floor. He seemed to have been woken up by the noise, too.

"What was that...?" you asked.

"Probably... an earthquake or something..." he trailed off as he closed his eyes.

So much for that...

Maybe it was... an earthquake...

You slowly got back into bed and tried to sleep, but you couldn't... After a while of trying, you got back up.

I have a bad feeling about this... I should check it out, just in case.

And so, you left the room and walked towards the lounge. You looked at the clock and notice it was 6:45AM.

Okay... I'll do a quick check of all the floors, plus Grape Tower. Shouldn't take too long.

You headed up to the third floor, which has the Monokuma Archive. So far, nothing seemed to be wrong. Even the inside looked normal, well... "normal".

*shivers.* Would've been nice if that noise was something in here being destroyed...

Skipping the second floor, since you didn't notice anything out of place before heading to the third floor, you made your way to the first floor. So far, nothing.

You then headed towards Grape Hall and began making your way to Grape Tower.

If the towers are in the same building... what if that sound came from Strawberry Tower...? Should I check that too?

...

Nah, the guys'll probably check their side out... Hopefully. Fuyuhiko and Nekomaru will definitely check things out.

But... why... is this pit of anxiety in stomach growing more and more...? Is it hunger pangs...?

...

Yeah... must be the hunger pangs...

You stopped at the door and hit the grape button. You waited for a second before the door opened, and once it did...

You froze in place...

Your heartbeat quicken...

Your face went as pale as a ghost...

You felt sick...

You felt... despair... as you looked in horror at Nekomaru's body... Beheaded, and maimed... oil... flowing out of his body.

...

———————————————
Do Ultimate Robots Dream of Clockwork?

Deadly Life
———————————————

So, uh... this kinda awkward...

Apologizes for how short this was, I didn't realize just how close to Deadly Life we were.

Also, the investigation might be short too, as I don't plan on doing Nagito's PoV (unless enough people actually want to see it.)