Sea and Punishments, Sin and Coconuts

Chapter 2: Sea and Punishments, Sin and Coconuts

The morning after, you were one of the first to arrive to the dining hall since you could barely sleep. Others have arrived early too like Kazuichi, Nekomaru, Hiyoko, Mahiru, and Sonia.

Then Nagito walked in... you quickly got up to leave. You both walk past each other as he walks over to the group that was sitting at one of the tables.

"Well, good morning you symbols of hope!" you hear him greet. "You know, I've been thinking..." you hear him say. You decided to stay back and hear what he had to say.

"For a long time, humans have been taught that if you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything."

Oh brother...

"Even if we weren't told this directly, you'd know it just by looking at the world around us. The Internet, TV, and newspapers are overflowing with hopeful messages that say exactly that..."

The more he goes on, you more you can't help but clench your fists.

"But people who can't win... people who don't try to win... people who try their best and still can't win..."

"G-Get the hell away from us, you disgusting weirdo!" Hiyoko yelled.

"Y-Yeah, seriously! Go spew your psychotic nonsense somewhere else!" Kazuichi added.

"...They are all worthless trash." Nagito continued, ignoring their requests.

You couldn't help but grab a wooden chair that was nearby...

"There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are born with worth, and everyone else."

You slowly approached him; he hasn't noticed you...

"No matter how hard a lowly human tries, they will never be the same as some—"

"Awwwww, SHUDDUP!"

You couldn't take his bullshit anymore. You raised the chair up and slammed it down on his head, knocking him out and breaking the chair in the process.

"Wh-What the heck?!" Hiyoko exclaimed.

"Hey, what'd you do that for?!" Kazuichi yelled.

"Eh, it's the least he deserves. Besides, I didn't hit him THAT hard." You looked at Nagito and noticed a small pink spot forming on the back of his head. "Okay, maybe I overdone it a bit."

"Jeez! What if you give him brain damage?!" Mahiru scolded.

"Y/N! Have we not talked about not letting him get to you?!" Sonia yelled.

"Jeez! Get off his back!" Hiyoko yelled, defending you. "Besides he is right, ya know. He deserves it."

"And me and Kazuichi have been talking about tying him up..." Nekomaru said. "This just makes it easy."

"Besides, maybe some damn brain damage will do him some good." you said. "Hopefully that'll knock that psychotic side out of him."

"W-We should take him to Mikan... and then tie him up..." Kazuichi said.

"Yeah, we could throw him in the old building or something. LET US GOOOOOOOO!"

"Jeez... I get that what he did was terrible, but he isn't some animal!" Mahiru yelled out, but she is ignored as Nekomaru picks up Nagito and walks out of the dining hall, Kazuichi following behind him.

"And you, Y/N!" Mahiru yelled at you. "That was super reckless! What if you became the blackened there?!"

"You sound more worried about me becoming the blackened than me actually killing him. Besides, the body discovery announcement hasn't played yet so it's all good."