A New Morning

"W....ake up......"

Eh...?

"Wak...e Up...."

You slowly opened your eyes, and you see Mahiru slowly shaking you.

"I... actually slept...?"

The sun was just starting to rise outside.

"It wasn't that long..." Mahiru explained. "It's really early, like, the announcement hasn't played yet."

"Oh, I see..."

You slowly sat up.

"S-Sorry for waking you..." she apologized. "You looked so peaceful, but I wanted to wake you up early so no one would catch you... ya know... leaving..." she stammered as she blushed.

"Oh, I understand... I need to freshen up, anyway."

You got out of her bed and stretched.

"Did... did you sleep well...?" you asked her.

"Despite what happened last night... it was actually really peaceful. I felt... at ease, so thanks for staying with me..." She suddenly sends you a stern expression. "But don't expect something like that again, though!"

Well, at least she's kinda getting back to normal.

"Of course..." you chuckled at her. "I'll go freshen up at my cottage. Meet at the dining hall later?"

"You know it...!" she laughs as she grabs her camera. "Care for a photo?"

"Oh, but I'm such a mess... Aw, what the heck!"

You walked next to her and did a pose as she snaps the picture.

"Thanks... Now, I have something to remember this moment by!"

"You could always ask for another sleepover..." you joked.

"D-Don't push it..."

You let out a laugh as you left her cottage.

She seemed to be regaining her colors... that's good. I only hope it goes up from here. I'm all for helping her forget that game...

You walked into cottage and headed inside. Once you were inside you did your morning routine as usual. The morning announcement played, and you were soon on your way to the dining hall.

Once you got near the pool, you see Mikan humming happily as she sat with her legs in the water.

"Oh, G-Good Morning, Y/N!" she greeted you with a smile. "I didn't really s-see you yesterday... Are you o-okay...?"

"All good..." you assured as you sat crisscross next to her. "Just wasn't feeling it yesterday so, I stayed in my cottage."

That's not exactly a lie... I did stay in my cottage most of the day yesterday. But no matter what, she can't know about the game.

"O-Oh, were you feeling ill? I-I could've help ya know...!"

"Heh, it was nothing a little sleep couldn't fix. But next time I'm feeling ill, I'll let you know." you ruffled her hair, causing her to giggle. "C'mon, let's go grab some breakfast." you said as you sat up.

"O-Okay! I'll be right behind you...! I-I... need to dry my legs off, hehehe..."

You smiled at her as you walked towards the hotel.

She didn't apologize once during that conversation... looks like she has at least a little confidence in herself. That's good.

Once you were inside you see Chiaki playing a game as usual. And Hiyoko was on the other side watching her.