- six

lavender;

"So, you're my competition. I guess it's nice to meet you."

We had been enjoying all of the desserts Alice had set up for all of 5 minutes before Joe had meandered over to where Caleigh and I stood.

"Huh?" Caleigh questioned, her eyes flickering between me and Joe.

Joe burst into a fit of giggles before pulling Caleigh into a hug. I knew the second those words came out of his mouth that he was joking. But Caleigh didn't.

So, the best part was watching her basically panic until Joe broke.

"I'll admit, I don't like the idea of having to share Lav." Joe shrugged, "But it's you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Caleigh shot him another question, shoving chocolate in her mouth as she did.

Joe swung an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. "I'm sure you know, but Lav here would drop anything and anyone for you. All of us come second to you and we're okay with that."

I leaned into the boy. Sure, I definitely don't want to be here. Like, at all. But being banished out he has brought me some pretty damn good people and I'm thankful for that.

"And I'd do the same for Lav. She's just got something about her."

Rhea all of a sudden hopped in beside us and all attention shot to her.

"Yaz found a party." The biggest smile consumed her face, "Attendance mandatory."

We didn't have the chance to speak again before she skipped off.

"Ubers are coming in 10!"

Apparently, we're partying tonight?

And from what I've learned of the cast the past couple of weeks of being here, they're all definitely skilled at acting not hungover the next day. I've gotta get Joe to give me tips.

A couple of hours later and we're all a little tipsy and enjoying this random ass party that Yaz found out about. Apparently, it's a bunch of blokes who grew up with some of the cast.

Who knows honestly? All I care about is the free alcohol I'm consuming.

"Do it."

I nervously tuck my hair behind my ears and turn back to Caleigh who promptly untucks my hair and squeezes my hands. "But it's your first night here, I'd be terrible to leave you."

Caleigh rolls her eyes and faintly gestures in the direction we had been looking.

"But it's a cute guy."

I glance over at the boy. Tall, brown hair, just beautiful in general.

"Caleigh-"

Will randomly appeared beside us, sharing a greeting as he did. My best friend gestured to the tall boy beside us. "I'll be fine. Go have fun. Go flirt!"

I took a deep breath.

What could hurt? I'm tipsy, overly confident, and this boy is mad cute. If anything, I could get some much-needed male attention out of the interaction.

Eventually, my converse clad feet were slapping against the floor as I made a beeline for the boy in the corner. He was leaning up against the wall sipping at a drink in his hand.

How mysterious.

"Hi." I smiled as I stopped next to him.

His eyes flickered to me and he stood up from the wall, a faint smile breaking through. "Hi."