A Coma: Inside The Mind

Y/n's POV

A loud boom caused me to jolt awake. I jumped up and looked around, but didn't find myself back in my room. Instead, I was in a dark humid cave.

Explosions and lasers could be heard outside, the noise echoing through the caverns. I looked down at myself, seeing that my hands were tiny, as were my arms and legs.

'wait, what?'

This confused me. So, I slowly got to my feet, and looked more around my surroundings. Next to where I was sleeping, were a bunch of other kids, ranging from many different ages.

Through my confusion, I walked around more, and stupidly tried to peak out of the cave to see what was happening.

Before I could get close though, a bright orange light emitted from behind, and a glowing chain circled around me, gently taking hold of my small body and pulling me back.

"Y/n? What are you doing up? You can't get that close to the outside, you know this!" An older male voice startled me, and once the chains put me down, I turned and froze at who I saw.

"M-master Michelangelo..? B-but... How?" My voice sounded younger, but I didn't care anymore. What I did care about, was the warrior that was currently floating in front of me, crossing his arms as he stared down at me.

He narrowed his eyes in confusion. "How what y/n?" He narrowed his eyes in confusion and floated down a little. "You.." I couldn't speak, I looked him up and down, trying my hardest to stay composed.

Michelangelo observed my body language. I was shaking badly, I looked traumatized. After a moment, he sighed and landed his feet on the ground. Something he barely ever did.

He then crouched In front of me. "Did you have a nightmare?" He asked with a warm welcoming smile.

'was that all just a nightmare? No, I couldn't have made all that up. This is the nightmare.'

Despite my thoughts, I looked down and slowly nodded my head. Next thing I knew, Michelangelo had brought me into a loose hug. "It'll be alright. You'll be ok."

He soothed me, rubbing circles on my back. This set me off, and I hugged him back, not even noticing the faint echo behind his voice.

My teacher allowed me to just hug him, and I refused to let go. After a few moments, he picked me up and started floating again.

Michelangelo carried me over to where I had woken up, but before he could set me down, a voice sounded from behind. "Mikey, what's wrong? Is y/n alright?" I flinched at the voice, and peaked over Michelangelo's shoulder.

"Oh, Donnie, they're alright. Just a nightmare. I was going to sit with them until they fell back asleep."

Donatello had walked over to Michelangelo and bent over slightly to be at my level. "Ah, well then they have nothing to worry about. Nightmares are just a fabrication of the brain in order to act out fears. They're Typically caused by stress or anxiety." Donatello patted my head, then stood back up.

"I must get back to upgrading Raphs arm.
Y/n, would you like to accompany me? I'm adding small compartments for hiding weapons and explosives." He offered and held his hand out.