18

Scar's Pov

I entered my cabin, still worrying about Grian. "Hey mate. Whats on your mind?" Joel asked as I sat on my bed, noticing the stress on my face. "Grian got three maniacs in his shack, two of them he don't know but the other one is a guy that always treat him like shit. you were with Grian in middle school so you probably know him, his name is Matthew" I said, and Jimmy sighed in respond. "This guy again?" He mumbled.

"Don't tell me he did the same thing in middle school" I said and gazed at Jimmy as I laid down in my bed. "Nah, they were friends until the last few months of middle school, they had a fight after one of his friends killed Grian's father, though I think the bulling started in highschool" Jimmy said. "Excuse me, one of his friends did WHAT?" I sat up with wide eyes.

"Didn't he tell you?" Joel questioned, and I rubbed the back of my head. "I mean, we started talking about it but he seemed uncomfortable so..." I mumbled. "In short, he started hanging out with those guys, Matthew, Caleb and another one that's in jail now, Sam, Sam was the one that killed his dad" Joel said, glancing out of the window.

• • •

I woke up in the middle of the night to cold air hitting my face. I sat up, pushing my long hair from my face to behind my spicy ears. I climbed down the ladder and walked to the window. as I closed it, I spotted my winged friend, walking pass my shack. I stared at him in confusion. I walked to my bag, grabbed my coat and put on my shoes.

I walked out and looked at the direction Grian went. I saw him standing in a place without any houses around, just looking at the sky. I walked up to him, yawning 'cause I just woke up. "Grian?" I called his name. He turned to me as I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. I smiled, trying to ignore how cute he looks in his coat. "Scar?" He smiled at me in confusion. "What are you doing awake in this hour?" I asked him.

"They're playing music for three hours now and I can't sleep" Grian said then sighed. My eyes saddened as I remembered what Jimmy told me. "Are you okay?" Grian asked. "I- uh..." I started saying and rubbed the back of my head. "Heard... about what happened to your father" I admitted. He chuckled in respond. "Joel and Timmy told you?" He asked, looking up at me as I nodded.

"Well" he said simply. Just as I was about to say something else, but then I felt something falling on my nose. I looked up and saw that it was snowing. "Its snowing!" I giggled happily. I turned to Grian and saw him smiling at me softly. I also noticed his cheeks were slightly red. Maybe he's getting sick again. When he realized I was looking at him, he chuckled and looked up at the dark sky.

"Its funny, y'know? I met you only four months ago and, but it feels like I've known you forever" he said then turned to me. "Yeah..." I mumbled, staring deep into his baby blue eyes as I flet my cheeks burn. When were together, my surroundings become fuzzy, outside sounds dull, and only him is in focus. I am falling harder for him by the day.

"Scar?" Grian called my name. "Hm?" "We should get inside before we will freeze to death" he giggled. "Yeah, we really should" I smiled at him. "What are you gonna do about the music?" I asked him as we started walking. "I don't know. They'll have to stop eventually" Grian chuckled. My shack was closer so I walked in, not before saying goodbye to Grian, hoping that they'll stop the music and let him sleep.

• •

"S-scar?" I woke up to Jimmy's voice. "Yeah?" I mumbled, sitting up in my bed, still a bit sleepy. "Oh my gosh... Is this your hair?" I looked at him in confusion, then turned to the floor, where he was pointing at. My eyes widened. "Oh my god!" I climbed down the ladder and picked up the scissors that were laying on a lock of my hair. I heard Caleb laughing as I turned to him. "YOU..." I mumbled angrily. "I told you it wasn't manly" he smirked.

I grabbed my coat and put on my shoes, then ran outside toward the bathroom to see the damage. I ran in and looked in the mirror. My hair went past my ears, but didn't reach my shoulders. I covered my mouth with my hand as my eyes widened again. "Scar- OH MY GOD... what happened to your hair!?" I turned around to see Grian.

"C-caleb cut my hair in my sleep" I mumbled, eyes still wide. "THAT BITCH..." he muttered angrily. I turned back to the mirror and stared again at my hair. "Its... fixable" Grian said, walking to stand beside me. "Yeah? You can turn it back to how it looked before?" I asked, obviously knowing that its not possible. "No... but I can make it look better, if you let me" he said and pointed at the scissors in my hands. I didn't even notice I took them with me. "God... just do it" I handed him the scissors.

"Could you sit down for me?" He questioned, and I nodded in respond. After I did, he started chopping my hair. Oh god. I watched as small pieces of my hair started falling onto the floor, till then he told me he's done. "I don't wanna look" I said, standing Infront the mirror with my eyes close. "Trust me, its look fine!" Grian giggled as I shook my head. "You look..." He paused, and I heard his voice crack before he said; "Beautiful". and I finally opened my eyes when I felt my face burn.