22

"wait billie!" harley screams after billie, following the smaller girl as she walks. she had said too much. she knew it.

she was scaring her away. after billie left her bedroom, harley was quick to run after. saying too much is one thing she had always been good at.

"billie please! i didn't mean it to be weird or anything, i'm just really comfortable around you and i just let my mouth run, billie please!"

billie stops walking, her hand grabbing onto her door handle. "i just," she takes a deep breath, looking at harley.

"i just need some space, even though we're in this weird fucking place doesn't mean you can just say something like that!"

harley sighs, walking a bit closer to billie. "i know, and i'm sorry. i should never had said that and it was very wrong of me. can you come back to my room now?"

billie could feel the anger boil inside of her giving her a fake apology wasnt going to do anything. "billie please, it was just some dumb words. it's not that deep"

billie took a sharp breath. "i'll see you around harley." she twists the doorknob. her heart beating in her chest faster than she would like.

"billie come on, it was just some dumb words."

"harley don't you get it!" billie turns around, looking at harley with only disgust in her eyes. she felt the tears in the corner of her eyes. letting them out was her last option.

"i like you, i really fucking like you. and i want you to like me for who i am, and not just because i'm sexy, or i have a nice body. for once i thought that you would be the one who actually saw me as a person. but you're more focused on if i look good with a dick between my legs?!"

billie takes a deep breath. "come back to me if you're ever ready to see me as more than a nice body. until then i don't want to talk to you."

harley keeps quiet, and billie shuts the door to her bedroom. being seen as a person was always something she wished for.

when you have the body billie has being seen as only a nice body is way too easy. sometimes having someone like you for who you are is the best thing on earth.

she wishes deeply she had that. or just to be loved in general. billie thought harley was different. and now she felt dumb for that feeling.

they're not different. everyone's the same. and everyone cares just as much how your body looks. loving someone is supposed to be easy. it's never easy.

finding that one person seems unachievable. finding someone who loves you for who you are is out of reach. at least for billie.

she jumps into bed, but not before locking her door. the covers wrap around her, as she lays there. wondering what she did wrong. if she was just overreacting.

harley was no different.

why did billie feel more like an object than a person?