🎄 AN: What is this? 🎄

Uu, a new story you say? But what exactly is this story?

Well, that is why we have this part ^^ It is an informative one - BUT, make sure you read it, okay?

Information:

So what is this whole thing? Well, it is a Christmas calendar. Some of you might already know what that means, but just in case any of you don't, I thought it fitting to give a little explanation.

For those of you who want to get the idea of this very quickly: This is a story with 25 parts that will be updated every day of December as a 'countdown to Christmas'.

I have written and published this kind of story before - but not on this profile + they were not based around BTS. This year I'm also not doing this alone - but collaborating with @BearPact - who is also my co-writer on 'ATTACHED'.

To you others, here is a much better explanation:

So, what is this thing?

Well, let me start by explaining the concept of an 'Advent Calendar' / 'Christmas Calendar':

"An Advent calendar is a special calendar used to count or celebrate the days in anticipation of Christmas. Many take the form of a large rectangular card with "windows" of which there are usually 24: one for each day of December leading up to Christmas Day. The doors are opened starting with the first one. Consecutive doors are opened every day leading up to Christmas. The calendar windows open to reveal an image, poem, or a small gift, such as a toy or a chocolate item.

In Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, and Finland there is also a tradition of having a so-called 'Julekalender' (the local word for an advent calendar) in the form of a television and radio show, both starting on the first of December, and ending on Christmas Eve. Over the years, there have been several different kinds of Julekalender; some directed at children, some at both children and adults, and even some directed at adults alone."

This is what I've grown up with and I really love the tradition. Since I'm so good at actually working continuously on my stories I thought it would be fun to write a fanfic that had the same structure as the 'Julekalenders'.

I should also mention that even though many of us often refer to this with the 'Christmas' word, it is technically not connected to the Christian celebration/holiday. I, myself, do not celebrate Christmas - but rather Yule (Yuletide/Yulefest) - the Germanic tradition from more than a thousand years ago.

 I, myself, do not celebrate Christmas - but rather Yule (Yuletide/Yulefest) - the Germanic tradition from more than a thousand years ago

Interested? Well, make sure to follow this story then^^

The publishing of the parts will of course have to wait til December 1st, but from there on out - there will be a new chapter every single day up to Christmas Day.

Are you as excited about this as we are?

Well, tell us what you think in a comment, okay?

Until December.
- FictionFairy