December 5th

Taezan was ready to explore

Taezan was ready to explore. Getting up this morning, he had found a few things left by the nest, and his eyes had lit up as he saw a scarf. It was so pretty, and as he wrapped it around his neck, he loved how soft and comfortable it felt.

Leaving the nest, Taezan looked left and right. In what direction should he go? Letting out a sigh, he weighed his options, when his nose suddenly was filled with the most delicious smell.

His stomach rumbled, and putting a hand to it, he tried to calm his hunger. He really should find something to eat, but where? Deciding to follow the smell, Taezan moved with the hope of finding something delicious at the end of his journey.

"Ey, you. What do you want?"

Swirling around, Taezan couldn't help but feel like he had been caught doing something wrong.

Behind him was a small mouse, dressed in a vest and with hair a mess on the top of its narrow head. "You're that weird guy, aren't you? The one that they're all talking about."

"Me? They're talking about me?"

"Sure they are." The young one looked bored as it looked down at its paw. "You're the talk of the town, so to say."

"Well, that's nice?" Feeling warmth spread through him, Taezan's cheeks heated up. He couldn't wait to tell this to the others: him - a celebrity - who would have thought?

"Well, I don't know... I mean, who even are you?"

"Taezan." Smiling, he reached out a hand to the young mouse. "Nice to meet you."

"We'll see about that..." The mouse narrowed its eyes before stepping over to a pot, and stirring in it slowly. "Where did you come from?"

"Oh, uhm." Trying to figure out how to not spill too much information, Taezan started playing with his hair. "Up north."

"Really?" The rise of an unruly eyebrow told Taezan that this young mouse wasn't buying it. "What's this place 'up north' called, huh?"

"Well-"

"Leave the poor soul alone." Said another, older mouse, as he walked over to them. "Welcome to the kitchen." He gestured to the space around him, before pointing his head at the smaller mouse. "And please excuse Shay, they're always skeptical of anything new."

The older mouse wiped his paw on his apron, and smiled as he offered it to Taezan "I'm Sado, nice to meet you."

Shaking the paw, Taezan gave the senior a bright smile. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Taezan."

"So I've heard." He nodded solemnly, before turning and walking over to a container. "But does this Taezan like raisins?"

"Raisins?"

"Yes, raisins. Does he like them?"

"I don't know?" Taezan answered honestly. "Should he?"

"Well, if he doesn't know, then we have to make sure he finds out then, won't we?" Opening the container, Sado rummaged through it before bringing out something dark that was the size of his lower arm.

"Is that a-"

"A raisin, yes." Sado nodded. "Come with me, and I'll show you how to prepare it."

Following Sado to the opposite side, Taezan watched as the experienced chef took out a piece of shiny material and wrapped the raisin in it.

Shiny material.

Wrapping it around something.

The gravity sphere!

"Is that aluminum?" Taezan hurried to ask.

"Ah, no." Sado shook his head slightly. "This is tin. It's similar, but sturdier." Putting the packed raisin over a small flame, he turned it slowly as he waited for it to cook.

"Oh." Feeling a little disappointed, Taezan still didn't let it bring him down. He would find the precious metal eventually.

"There we go." Sado removed the raisin from the fire, and carefully peeled the hot wrapping. Grabbing some brown powder from a small bag, he sprinkled it over the raisin, before grabbing some white grains and doing the same.

Cutting it in two, he offered Taezan one of them.

The fruit was heavier than he had expected, and when he leaned closer and sniffed at it, his nostrils were filled with the sweetest scent.

It looked so good, and unable to wait any longer, he opened his mouth and carefully took a bite.

Just as its smell had suggested, it tasted sweet. His mouth already watering, Taezan shoved the entire thing in his mouth, and swooned as the juices exploded on his tongue. "Yum!"

His stomach rumbled again, but as Taezan was about to apologize, he was met by a hearty laugh from Sado.

"You haven't eaten much since you got here, have you?"

Taezan shook his head.

"Well then, have another raisin."

"But boss!" Shay jumped up from their seat. "No one's allowed two portions!"

"It's okay, Shay." Sado said as he headed for the container again. "He didn't eat one yesterday."

Excited, Taezan eagerly joined the chef, and even helped out in the preparation. He loved taking a part in it, but some of the joy was dampened by the way the young one was glaring at him with narrowed eyes.

 He loved taking a part in it, but some of the joy was dampened by the way the young one was glaring at him with narrowed eyes