Iridescent

♡

Night had already darkened the skies, thousands of little white stars dotted the black canvas above. Jaehyun trudged outside with a hoodie and sweatpants, entering the Forbidden forest. "Lumos." He mutters, holding up his wand where a little light shines from the tip.

He navigates his way through the thicket of trees, used to the moans and groans of various nighttime creatures that lurked in the dark.

Amidst the sound of nature, Jaehyun could hear the sound of a human's breathing. He strained his ears, identifying it as quiet sobs.

"Hello? Is someone there?"

Not that there should be anyone around, especially at this time of night. His excuse to enter the forest was that it helped him relax after a long day of school. "H-Hi.." A soft voice responds timidly.

"Where are y-- oh." Jaehyun raises his wand and spotted a male stuck on the branches of a tall tree. "Taeyong?" He frowns at the Slytherin who smiled back awkwardly, silver braces gleaming under the moonlight. "What are you doing up there?"

"L-Long story but can y-you help me down, please?"

Taeyong was still in his robes, his books and stationary scattered on the ground next to the tree's trunk. The Gryffindor convinced the boy to jump, his arms spreaded wide to catch him.

The two fall back on the grass, Jaehyun's quick reflex prevented his head from touching the ground. The Slytherin trembled, cuts and bruises on his delicate skin, as well as his face.

"T-Thanks.."

The male pursed his lips, wanting an explanation. "You still haven't told me how you managed to get stuck up a tree with all those injuries." He wasn't the type to get close to a fellow Slytherin, let alone lend a hand considering their insufferable arrogance and lack of brain cells in general.

But Taeyong was intriguing, he was a stark contrast to what was expected of a Slytherin. He never stood out, caused any trouble or even raised his voice a decible higher than a whisper.

Jaehyun could only make these observations based on the classes they shared which were Defence Against the Dark Arts and Potions. The boy would've been better off in Hufflepuff.

"I-I was just clumsy, you know?" He tucked his raven hair behind his ear nervously, his gaze darting away from the latter. "Might've angered some centaurs so I hid up in the tree."

"For how long?"

"About.. four hours? I-I'm fine though! I ate the berries, so it's not that bad!"

A definite Hufflepuff. The sorting hat must've lost a few stitches somehow.

The Gryffindor sighed, caressing his cheek. Taeyong's face felt small in his larger hand, doe-eyes blinking while his Adam's apple rose and fell. "Episkey." He utters, watching the rough bumps and cuts disappear from the boy's skin.

"Does it hurt anywhere else?"

"N-No."

Jaehyun then helps him up, the Slytherin immediately whimpering with pain with his hands pressed on the left side of his chest. "You..broke a rib." He assesses by pressing his fingers on the area. "I'll carry you back."

"It's okay! I-I can still walk!" Taeyong squeaks, trying to worm his way out of the male's strong grip. Jaehyun ignores him, picking him up bridal-style along with his books. His cheeks were flushed, amusing the latter who bit back a smile.

"I know a spell to mend broken bones, but I don't want to risk it."

"Hm."

The rest of the walk back to Hogwarts was silent, until they reached the hospital wing. Taeyong had fallen asleep, his pretty face peaceful and relaxed while his pink lips parted a little.

"Oh dear, what happened here?" Professor Zhang hurries over to the duo. "I found him in the forest, he's broken a rib." Jaehyun explains, to which the nurse nodded, muttering a spell with a wave of his wand. "He'll be fine." He states, going back to his office.

The Gryffindor takes a good look at Taeyong's dainty features, leaning down to kiss those cherry lips as gently as he could. "Get well soon, cutie." He chuckles, lips going up to his forehead.

Dear Jaehyun,

Thanks for saving me last night! I would've became werewolf meat if you weren't around. I'm not sure how to repay your kindness, so here's some Pumpkin Pasties and Chocolate Frogs in the meantime!

Hope to see you soon!

Taeyong:)