Chapter 4. Clearsight. The Night Kingdom.

Clearsight went outside again and breathed deeply, trying to calm herself. Yes, she was still thinking about Darkstalker, and yes, she was fighting the urge to try to get him out of the cave. I can do this, She thought. I can calm down. She breathed in, and out, in, and out. But after a while, she actually wanted to trace the future and see if there was any way she could be with Darkstalker again. She touched her temple with her finger and frowned, thinking hard, as she tried to see the future. For some reason visions weren't smashing into her brain like she was used to.

It was quite odd. Clearsight eventually gave up, her vision wasn't- working? She didn't know what was wrong with it. She turned to go back inside, but stopped in her tracks when she heard something flap behind her. What is that? She thought as she turned back around and saw a seagull diving towards her. Clearsight yelped in surprise and jumped out of the way as the seagull crashed in front of her and turned into a scroll. "What?!" she whispered hysterically. "How- animus magic!" she exclaimed.

The scroll had something written on it, and Clearsight read what it said. "Dear, Clearsight. This is Fathom. I hope you are feeling well. If you would like to come see Indigo and I, crumple this scroll into a ball and whisper, "Fathom". Clearsight stared at the letter, tears building up in her eyes. "Fathom, is this really yours?" she whispered, then regretted it because the scroll wrapped itself around her wrist and teleported her to a beach. Clearsight felt the scroll unwrap itself from her wrist and it turned back into a seagull then it flew over to an emerald green dragon and landed in front of him.

The dragon turned around and stared at Clearsight. Clearsight gasped. "Fathom?" she said in disbelief. "Is that really you?" the dragon nodded and raced towards her. "Clearsight!" he said, and hugged her. An indigo colored dragon came over and scowled at Clearsight, but changed her expression when Fathom looked at her. "Indigo! Remember Clearsight?" he said excitedly. Indigo, oh, I remember her! Clearsight thought. Indigo sighed and said, "Yes, I remember Darkstalker's love." Fathom frowned.

"Indigo, just because Darkstalker and Clearsight were in love doesn't mean that Clearsight is bad." Fathom said. You mean still in love. Clearsight thought. Indigo sighed. "I guess,but I still don't trust her...." Fathom turned and looked at Clearsight sympathetically. "Strange, last time we saw you Indigo trusted you a little, now that trust has seemed to vanish." he said with a shrug. "Anyway, why don't we go flying or something?" he suggested. Clearsight nodded.

"Sure, I'd like to stretch my wings." she hadn't said anything about the scroll, for she felt preoccupied. And because she didn't want to bring up magical scrolls. It reminded her of Darkstalker's scroll. In fact, she had been trying to stop reading scrolls, although when she found a good story she did read it, but just thinking of scrolls... ERGH. Fathom tilted his head at her, studying her face. "What?" Clearsight asked. "You look upset." he said simply, but with concern in his voice. Clearsight shook herself. "Let's just go fly." she said, and they launched themselves into the sky.