Chapter 15. Fathom. The Kingdom of the Sea.

Fathom couldn't look away from the limp body of Indigo. He could feel himself tremble with terror as he thought about what had happened. What he had lost.

"Enough of this," The voice growled through his own mouth. Fathom's heart was beating so fast, he wished he could grab it to stop it from exploding.

"We're going to visi--" Just then, the voice went silent. Fathom looked around, wondering what had made the voice stop talking. For a moment he thought he was free, that the demon had let go of him. He tried to step forward, but he was wrong. He couldn't move, so he was definitely still trapped.

The emerald SeaWing would have been crying, if it weren't for the fact he couldn't move his own body. After a long pause, the voice erupted into a sinister cackle. "At long last." It said with a satisfied growl. "He's awake." Fathom wondered what that could have possibly meant.

Who's awake? He thought, feeling hopeless. Is there another possessive demon out there? Will it control other dragons? He felt a lump in his throat as he tried to come up with an answer.

"This is good. So she fell for the bait." The voice thought aloud. Fathom felt genuinely frustrated. Who's she? Who's awake? What 'bait'? I don't understand! What in three moons is happening to me? What is going on?!

The voice laughed again, as if he were about to challenge Fathom to a clever game of his. "Let's return to your old home." It said. If Fathom would have been able to see the parasite's face, he was sure the voice would be smirking.

Three moons, what could be worse than.... He couldn't bring himself to say her name. Even just thinking about her brought on the worst emotions. Sadness, guilt, anger, and fear. Then he felt his spine tingle as he realized what the voice was about to make him do.

No, he thought desperately, wanting to shout out in anguish. Don't you dare make me hurt them! Indigo was enough, you monster! She was more than enough to destroy me. What do you want? Why do you hate everything? Why? What is so wrong with your sorry life that you have to go hurting others to make yourself feel better?

​​​​​​ "Let's go give your queen a little visit, hmm? One she won't forget."