Chapter 11. Indigo. The Kingdom of the Sea.

The indigo colored SeaWing stared at the green dragon clutching the ground. Fathom had been doing this for some time, and she didn't understand what it was. "Are you okay?" she asked. She was standing beside him, trying to help him the best she could. Fathom continued to churn the ground with his talons, digging deeper as if to hold himself down. That's weird. Indigo thought. He's never done this before....

Suddenly, Fathom's head shot up. Indigo jumped back, startled. She was about to ask him once more if he was alright, but then then the emerald green SeaWing flung sand at her with his big tail. Indigo tried to shield herself with her wings. "Fathom! Not funny!" she cried as the sand slid down her wing. Some of it clung on, which was VERY annoying and ITCHY. Indigo lowered her wings when she felt the sand had stopped blowing at her and looked around; she swung her head back and forth as she searched for emerald green scales.

Nothing. Fathom wasn't in sight. Where did he go? She wondered, confused. What's up with him today? He's never acted stranger than he is. Okay, that was a bit rude, so she took it back. Fathom is perfect; he definitely doesn't have social anxiety and is terrified of pretty much everything. Indigo rolled her eyes in annoyance and padded through the palm tree forest. She should have seen him by now if he was here; since his scales were such a shiny dark green.

Or maybe he blends in better with those green scales...like camouflage or something. Indigo searched until the sun climbed to the highest point in the sky. There was still no sign of him! Frustrated, Indigo started shouting his name like she had been a few minutes ago. "Fathom!" she roared, and nearby birds flew from the trees in fear for their lives. Indigo snorted. She sat down and waited for Fathom to come back. But as she sat down, something shiny zipped out of the trees and headed straight for her! Indigo yelped and ducked out of the way, rolling across the sand.

Once she knew it was past her, she sprang up again and whipped her head around. There it was again! The shiny thing was a spear; big enough to stab straight through a dragon's throat. Indigo shuddered, imagining if she was its victim. The zipping sound of a flying object roared past her head again, and she screamed. The blade had pierced her scales. Blood dripped rapidly from the wound along her neck, and she clutched at it with shaking talons.

She barely saw the spear fly away from her before it was already coming back. Indigo shouted again, ducking the attack. Or at least she thought she did.... The spear angled downward and stabbed right into her skull. Indigo's eyes rolled into the back of her head. Blood poured from the wound, blinding her as she swayed forward and crashed onto the ground. Foam bubbled at her lips, spewing onto the ground around her. She couldn't even let out another scream before her breathing slowed, and everything went black.