Time To Forgive?

Scarlett's POV...

That woman will be the death of me, kissing me then leaving me on my own. Who does that? But I suppose it shows she hasn't changed, because that's exactly something she'd do, no wonder she got that idea from Cosmo, they're basically personality twins.

I head up to the bar, given the only thing that I'd be able to get out is my order right now. I take the martini from the barman and sit in the same armchair I sat in when I threw the glass at Y/N, when Kennedy walks in.

Me: You okay?
Kennedy: Just perfect. You seen Y/N?
Me: Not for about 20 minutes, why?
Kennedy: The press are all over that photo. Jack called, the cops have had to put a closure on your street in New York to stop the media from getting anywhere near the house. LG has called your house phone like 16 times in the last hour. And last but not least, every trend on Twitter has something to do with Y/N.
Me: Sounds fun. What's the reaction like?
Kennedy: Mostly just people saying the photo must be from when Y/N was in the UK before she died, but the odd few comments here and there suggesting what we thought would be the case. People are starting to twig that she's actually not dead, and the people that know she's alive are starting to twitch a little when asked about it. It's not good, but the only thing is that nobody knows where she is, even if they know she's alive. The photo location that the hacker got is being constantly changed every few seconds so it's impossible to track.

I look out at the view again, sighing.

Kennedy: What about you? What's going on with you?
Me: I have no idea, I'm so confused by everything. I expected to see her again and to only feel hate and anger, but it couldn't be further from that. I'm just fighting with myself every second to even look at her and not feel the same love I always did.
Kennedy: Then maybe don't fight it? Look, I'm not saying that she's had it horribly here, because she hasn't. But she had to leave you completely high and dry, without any idea what was going on. When I say it changed her, it really changed her, for the worse. The fact that you've been willing to listen has been the only thing that kept her going. She loves you, in a way I've never seen anyone love anyone before. I'm not saying you have to forgive her, but give her a chance to fix this while we fix the bigger issue. She won't tell you herself, but she needs you, now more than ever. And if that's just as a friend, even as an acquaintance, she would absolutely be fine with that. Just...don't confuse her, she really hurt herself after she did that to you and the kids, badly.
Me: Can you be honest with me?
Kennedy: Of course.
Me: How bad did it get?
Kennedy: You sure you want honesty?
Me: Yes.
Kennedy: About a month after she got here she tried to throw herself from the top balcony, that was the final straw for getting a psychiatrist. Mightn't have killed her, but she definitely wouldn't be human anymore. It wasn't because she was mentally gone, it was just impulse, she couldn't see an easier way. I guess it was her thinking of everyone else and how much strain everyone was under. But this is what I'm saying, Scarlett, she's beating herself up for everything and it's about time she stops moping around so she can go home. We all need a bit of a morale booster sometimes.
Me: And you, what about you? Where's your home?
Kennedy: Wherever work takes me.

She turns around to leave.

Me: Ken?
Kennedy: Yeah?
Me: Thank you, for sticking with her.
Kennedy: You can take over from me now.

She leaves the bar, and shortly after I follow, dragging myself up the stairs, following the sound of the shower that's been on for at least an hour.

I reach the bathroom door through the bedroom, and knock.

Me: Hey, can I come in?
Y/N: Yeah, I have clothes on anyway.