Removal

Y/N's POV...

Me: Okay, see you in the morning. Early as you can so we can have a full day before you go back to mom.
Cosmo: I wanna stay here.
Me: Sweetie, this is going to be how it is from now on. It's going to take a lot to get used to and I'm here whenever you need to call in the week, but me and mom have to agree when you come here. I know it's hard, and I'm sorry. It's the best I can do right now.
Cosmo: Okay mom, I know you're trying.

I kiss Cosmo's head and close the door behind me, heading back downstairs and grabbing some potato chips and dip from the kitchen.

A couple of hours go by and there's no word from Taylor, so I start to close up downstairs, just as the door goes. I open it, and there stands Taylor, back in her sweats. I stand to one side, letting her in.

Me: I was just about to head to bed, didn't think you were coming.
Taylor: Wouldn't have missed it.

She kisses me softly.

Taylor: Still going to bed?
Me: It's 2am, so yeah, probably.
Taylor: Wanna take me with you?

My heart falls to the pit of my stomach as she wraps her arms around my neck.

Taylor: What's wrong? Lost your confidence?
Me: Never.
Taylor: Then let's go. And for the record, I'm wearing that matching set.
Me: Thought that was for your date.
Taylor: Well, my date is right here. Let's go.

The next morning...

Me: Rose, Jess, breakfast!

The girls wander down the stairs tiredly, still in their pyjamas, and throw themselves onto a dining chair while Cosmo sits and scrolls through a newspaper on my phone.

Me: So we have a full English, some toast, and if you want cereal I can get that.
Rose: Full English is good mom, thank you.

They dig in as I grab the freshly made orange juice from the counter and join them.

Cosmo: Was there someone here last night?
Me: Yeah, us.
Cosmo: No, someone else. I heard talking coming from downstairs.
Me: Nope, probably just me talking to the dog.
Cosmo: The dog was on my bed.
Me: The cat then. I don't know.
Jessica: Finnegan was with me.
Me: Is this an interrogation? Am I under arrest?
Cosmo: Nope.
Me: Then stop asking questions and eat this wonderful breakfast I made.

They carry on eating for a few moments before Rose pipes up again.

Rose: Was it Taylor? Was she here last night?
Me: What? No, that's ridiculous.
Rose: You have a crush on her so it makes sense.
Me: I don't have a crush, what're you talking about?
Rose: You so do. You went to England with her, you spent all of yesterday with her. You were giving her the eyes on stage in front of like 80,000 people. You've been caught, did she stay the night? You guys have fun?
Me: Oh my god, just eat your damn breakfast.

Rose smirks into her coffee.

Rose: I'm sure Jess is be over the moon to know the Taylor Swift is going to be around a lot more.

Just then, a noise comes from upstairs, and the kids all divert their attention to me.

Me: That'll be a window that's open. Why are you all on high alert this morning?
Rose: You're acting weird. You look kinda smug.
Jessica: Yeah, like you got laid or something.
Me: Would you two stop? Your brother is literally right here! Now I'm going to take a shower, and the 3 of you are going to finish breakfast and clean up, then get ready for us to have a day out before I have to take you back to your mom.
Rose: Have fun up there Taylor!