Chapter 1

My digital alarm clock said 11:56, the clock above the TV also said 11:56 and the lights on the oven screen said 11:56 as well. I had checked every possible clock in this house. There was no way I was going to miss this interview. If I remembered correctly they said 12:00 AM. You may be wondering, "Who are 'they'?". I promise it will all become clear in a moment.

I had chosen a nice place for my background, my ZOOM background. Because yes, this interview is held online. I'll be honest with you, my readers, I am really shitting my pants. This job is something I've wanted since childhood.

And I'm so incredibly nervous that I created a fake ZOOM meeting 24 hours ago to see how everything works. Did you know that you can fade out your background?

That little practice meeting is also the reason that there is a pile of clothes on the couch. That's because I dumped, all the garments that didn't convey 'professional yet funny' as I wanted, on there. And because of that pile overthere, the couch was no longer an option to sit at, because I was afraid they might be able to see the pile through the reflection of the window. And that's how I felt yesterday, so I hope you can understand how terribly nervous I must be right now.

Yesterday I chose a dark blue suit with a white shirt, that white shirt is now also on the couch. It was 'too' white. I'm wearing a cream colored blouse now. Maybe a dark blue suit wasn't so smart in combination with the blue kitchen cabinets that will be seen in the background.

"Fuck it, you got this Ems" I tried to give myself some courage before I clicked on the link. It didn't really help, but the attempt was funny.

Will I enter the meeting first or last? Maybe they'll think I've been there for 30 minutes, and  they'll see me as desperate. Oh well, it doesn't matter, I'll go in. Camera on or off?

Shit, I should have thought of that yesterday. I think off. What if that man suddenly enters the meeting and he sees my 'sneezing face'. Yes, we want to prevent that. I didn't have much time to think about that question. Mr. Síos, the boss of FC Barcelona, ​​had pressed the 'beteiligen' button just a minute after me. Perhaps he was also in a dilemma about what time to get in. Mr. Síos was on time, by all means right on time.

Marco Alonso, a Spanish footballer for FC Barcelona, ​​joined after a minute. We were complete according to Síos. I now think it would be smart to explain to you what is going on. My name is Emma Slüss, born and raised in Berlin. However, I studied sports science in Hamburg, and now the time has really come. Being able to apply sports analysis at fucking football club FC Barcelona.

Hola, Sra. Slüss or should I say, Hallo,Frau Slüss. I had to chuckle, his German accent was so bad but that also made it funny. I smiled into the camera, since both men had the camera on, so did I.  "Would you like to continue this meeting in Spanish or English Mrs Slüss? Your call." Alonso's voice was hard, it sounded scrident. His English, however, was good.

*

"Well we need to talk" It was my voice. I called my friend after the interview. And as I said, we indeed needed to talk.