Chapter Six

Gorsepaw dangled in the WindClan leader's jaws, mewling. "I'll save you!" hissed Moonpaw as he leaped up onto Cloudstar. Moonpaw had landed on her neck and he clawed at her fur, slowly getting to her body, tearing off matted fur. "You can do nothing, kit." Hissed the cat. Moonpaw found where he tore of the most fur and sank his teeth into her neck. Cloudstar tightened her grip on Gorsepaw's leg and Moonpaw heard only the sound of a snap. Moonpaw's eyes widened in horror as he jumped off the leader and saw his brother, his leg dangling in between the leader's jaws, in half. The other half of the leg was broken off, only the bones though, so Moonpaw was relieved it could be healed. Cloudstar hissed. "Your Clan is evil. You've killed us, stole our prey, and now you're sending kits into battle. I'm willing to break the code to show you a lesson though. Don't mess with WindClan..." Cloudstar had said before tearing off the bottom half of Gorsepaw's whole leg. "No!" howled Moonpaw as Gorsepaw fell, missing one half of a back leg. "I'm dead!" mewed Gorsepaw, terrified. "No! You won't die!" Hissed Moonpaw as he looked for Lilynose. Lilynose stood and Moonpaw told her what happened and they padded over to the bleeding kit together

"There! It's all wrapped up and you're gonna live! But... you'll never become a warrior with the injuries you have." Gorsepaw mewed. "I've known this, so that's why I decided last Moon-High... to become your apprentice. I want to learn how to heal cats. I want to help, and I obviously cannot do that in the state I'm in." Lilynose's eyes widened. "I never expected this day to come!" "My own apprentice... You may start apprenticeship under me, once we leave this place.." Lilynose mewed before touching noses with Gorsepaw and nuzzling his neck. "I-I'm so proud of you, Gorsepaw! You were patient as she wrapped your leg up, and you said that so calmly! The night we became apprentices, you were wailing, but now! You're proud of it..." Moonpaw trailed off. "I'm not proud of being an apprentice now though. I'm afraid of death every second. What do I do, Gorsepaw? What do I do?" Gorsepaw turned his head. "You can't be afraid of death when death is probably the best thing that ever happens to a cat... Don't be afraid, just fight until you die someday. We'll all meet again, in StarClan or in life." Moonpaw's eyes lit up as cold rain began to fall. "What's this?!" Hissed Moonpaw. "Snow.." replied Gorsepaw. "It's beautiful... I love snow..! I've decided!" "Hm?" mewed Gorsepaw, to the strange thing Moonpaw had mewed. "I've decided my first kit will be named Snowkit. Whenever I have a kit, anyway.." Gorsepaw's eyes were warm enough to melt all the snow in the world. "Do it... For me. Snowkit. It's beautiful..." Lilynose's eyes widened. "Do not let the snow bleed red, or turn red, or!" She began, slowly becoming more quiet. The fighting stopped, obviously every other cat thought the same thing. Smallbubble limped, bleeding from one ear, which had gotten a nick. The blood dripped onto the snow for the first time and the cats all watched in horror. What could happen?  Drop two, three, four, five. All was silent. Suddenly a crunch broke the silence. No other cat was moving, meaning a new one was coming. "Well, Well, Well... Looks like the snow bled red!" One tom mewed. "Your dumb prophecy said it shouldn't, right?" mewed a she. No cat moved, all frozen in terror. "Cute." The she followed up. Cursedstar was the only cat who had been facing where the cats came from.
"C-C-C-C-C-C-Ce-Cel-Celest-Celestial...." He mewed like a helpless kit. "And... E-Ec-Ec-Eclipse..." He stuttered. "ThunderClan is done for! All because of WindClan just having  to defy me, my mate, and my kits..." Cloudstar was hidden in the snow. "It's your  fault, Cursedstar... And you will die for this." Replied Cloudstar.