Chapter Sixteen

Icestar flicked her tail and everyone spilled into the fourtrees ravine. She leaped onto the rock. Nothing serious or strange was said, and no Clan had much death, any kits, or prophecies. Gorsefern kept his strange dream a secret, and Moonpaw hung out with Lostpaw. The Clans had a meeting with many laughs.

The moon fell and the sun rose, melting some snow. Suddenly a sound like twigs snapping sounded in Moonpaw's ears. His nose felt hot, and his ear tips slowly grew hot as the sun. He shook himself awake to see the camp engulfed in orange, beginning at the apprentice den. "Fire!" Hissed Moonpaw. He noticed Icestar holding many kits, about three at once. "We know! We couldn't wake you up! Could you shake Mudpaw awake!?" Mewed Blackfur. Moonpaw nodded and shook Mudpaw, slowly picking him up. He unsheathed his claws and walked backwards, carrying Mudpaw out of the camp through a small hole in the top of the den. Once he squeezed Mudpaw out of the den he watched as the den he slept in every day exploded into flames. Mudpaw finally woke up. "Where am I?" Mudpaw asked. "There was a fire in camp. Everyone is safe, I think." Replied Moonpaw.

The Clan made it to the river and leaped over. The fire was beginning to spread through the forest and a flame brushed over Moonpaw's tail when he leaped. The Clan made their way to a foxhole and stayed there. They peeked through the hole, watching as the fire roared like monsters on the ThunderPath. Every cat watched in fear as snow suddenly began to fall. The flames died down when being hit by frozen water. 

Once the flames finally died and the forest was painted black, the cats traveled back to camp. In the middle of the camp was a weak blob of yellow and brown. "Leopardpaw!" Mewed Moonpaw as he pelted over to the kit. "Are you okay?" He mewed. Leopard paw looked at him than looked up. "I'm practically dead." She Mewed. Icestar pelted over to her. "Any dying apprentice deserves a warrior name for their journey to StarClan." She Mewed. "StarClan... heh.." Leopardpaw muttered under her breath. "Your new name is... Leopardsnow." Icestar meowed. Leopardsnow blinked as snowflakes covered her body slowly. "What a cruel name." Hissed Leopardsnow to herself. Her body went limp and she closed her eyes one last time. "Snow will replace me...." she whispered, even after she seemed to be dead. Gorsefern limped over to the kit's body. "Leopardsnow.... I'm not sure how I feel." He whispered as he licked her head. Every other cat shared tongues with the frozen kit one last time. "We must rebuild our camp, better than ever. For Leopardsnow." Mewed Icestar as she padded into the leader den. "And... Those rogue prisoners.. they can join us I guess. They helped save the other kits, the ones who are alive." "Their names are... Breezefur and Burnheart" She added.