Chapter Eight

"Smallbubble is leader now, huh..." Gorsepaw mewed as he limped next to Lilynose, padding to the Moonstone. "Smallstar." Lilynose corrected him. "She got her nine lives last Moon-High." Gorsepaw's eyes widened. "Speaking of lives- My new siblings are being born tomorrow." Lilynose's eyes brightened. "Your first time being there for a kitting, huh?" Gorsepaw nodded, realizing they're already at MotherMouth. "Time to see what this is like..." Gorsepaw mewed, head high as he limped into the hole where the Moonstone was. "Wow! So bright..." He mewed as he lied down and touched his nose to the Moonstone. "Time to sleep..." He mewed as Lilynose finally caught up and sat next to him. When Gorsepaw awoke he squealed. "I got a message from StarClan!" Lilynose nodded. "Three kits, born together, a prophecy from the stars. One will fall, two will rise. When one falls, so will snow. Snow will take his place and Snow will save our Clan." Lilynose's eyes widened. "What could that mean?" She mewed "I-I don't know..." Mewed Gorsepaw. "We'll find out together, how about it?" Mewed Lilynose. "Of course!" Replied Gorsepaw.

Moonpaw paced around the clearing. "New brothers! New sisters! Need to see new siblings now!" He yowled as he padded over to the medicine den. "Get out!" Mewed Gorsepaw as he pushed Moonpaw away from the hole leading to the den. Moonpaw repeated the thing he's been doing for what feels like moons. "And stay out!" Hissed Gorsepaw who was half-joking. Moonpaw laughed as he padded off to the den of warriors, which looked practically empty. Icefang lied in there, asleep. Smokefur was grooming himself and didn't notice the kit. Moonpaw padded off and noticed Gorsepaw sticking his head out of the medicine den. "You can come now!" mewed Gorsepaw. Moonpaw padded into the den, his tail high and curled. Four kits mewled on a nest. Riverstripe mewed. "I've already named them all!" Moonpaw sat down. "What's their names?" He asked. "Bluekit is the blue-gray one's name. The white one is Lightkit, The one with the long ears and tail is Longkit. And this one... Her name is Fogkit, but... Lilynose says Fogkit is too weak to survive Leaf-Bare's harsh weather." She mewed. Lilynose sighed. "There is a small chance she'll survive but she'll need many herbs and to eat more than the other kits." Riverstripe mewed. "I promise I'll take care of her, she will survive." Moonpaw licked the head of each one. "I promise my mom is strong and good enough to take care of her!" He mewed. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting!" Yowled Smallstar from the Highrock. Moonpaw padded out to check out what's happening. "It has come time for Blackpaw to become a warrior, he fought well in the raid and has been ready to become one for some time." Blackpaw was cleaned well and his black pelt shone beautifully in the sun. "So... I say this with pride, and above the biggest star, so StarClan can see, his parents included." Moonpaw was confused at the new thing she said, instead of the normal things. "His name is now Blackfur" Moonpaw chanted his new name, along with Icefang. "On the other.. paw we've got more news. ThunderClan will take time to train our apprentices better. In one moon my kits will be three moons and start training. I must also choose a deputy, a new mentor for the apprentice Moonpaw, who will mentor all of the kits we have once they start apprenticeship, and more news! Leopardkit is too weak to begin training at three moons and she'll need to wait to be five to six moons." "I'll choose my deputy tonight." Moonpaw padded back into the medicine den to see his siblings. This time, a liquidized herb was being put down Fogkit's throat. "I'm gonna go get some prey, you guys want some?" Gorsepaw, Lilynose, and Riverstripe nodded. Moonpaw padded over to the Fresh-Kill pile and grabbed a fat mouse, a skinny vole, and a finch that was mostly feather. He took them to the den and dropped the mouse and vole for the others and ate the finch, spitting out a mouthful of feathers afterwards. "Uhm. I'm heading to the apprentice den and napping." Moonpaw mewed and everyone nodded. Moonpaw padded over to the apprentice den and laid down in the moss nest he slept in every night. he watched as Blackfur stepped through the clearing. Everything's been calm lately... but. Our leader is still an evil cat.