Chapter 37

The past couple of months have flown by so fast since Juan and I filed for legal separation. It was not a decision that came lightly but it was something that we needed to do for the sake of our family.

Juan moved out of the family home shortly after it was granted and we have been working towards being the best co-parents to our little girl. Everyone in our lives have their own opinion on what we should or should not have done but things were not healthy between us. Juan was missing out on Serenity's life because he could not face what he done to me but the only person who suffered was our daughter.

I have not forgiven him for his infidelity and I am not going to force myself to for the sake of being the bigger person. 

A small sigh leaves my lips as I pull up besides Juan who is waiting at our usual spot and a smile spreads across his lips as I wave at him.

"DADDY!" Serenity lets out a loud squeal once she spots her father walking over to the window and I chuckle softly while unbuckling my seatbelt. Juan doesn't waste a moment as he pulls open the car door and the moment that he shares with our daughter makes my entire day.

The love that they have for eachother is so pure and I'm so happy that they've repaired it. When we first started this arrangement, Serenity absolutely hated it because we had spent so much time together that I did not realise that she had developed separation anxiety.

It was almost comical considering that she was a daddy's girl but when Juan started spending more time away from us, she had no choice but to turn to me.

"Hey baby girl." Juan laughs a little as she starts peppering his face in kisses. "I missed you too."

"Miss you." Serenity repeats while burying her face in her father's neck and I smile while grabbing her stuff from car before taking it over to Juan's car. "Mommy?"

"I'm here." I give her a reassuring smile as I put her stuff in his car. "Come give mummy a kiss."

Serenity looks at me for a moment and it makes me wonder if this going to be one of those tearful exchanges

"How has she been?" Juan asks me as I give him a brief hug and I don't miss the way he squeezes me while inhaling my scent.

"She's been good." I quietly respond as I take her out of his arms and she starts squirming in my arms. "She might cry on the way home but I sent you the songs that she has been loving so just play that and get her hype." 

Juan says nothing as I cuddle our daughter to my chest before smothering her face in kisses. It won't be long until she is one years old and I am kind of dreading that moment because it means that she's growing up.

"Alright, I'll call you before bed." I say while pecking her lips and she begins to cry as she realises that we're not going to be seeing eachother tonight. "I love you."

"Mummy." Her bottom lip trembles as Juan takes her out of my arms and I sigh deeply while waving at her. This is what I hate the most about co-parenting and it's not something that people often speak about so it was a huge thing for me to adjust to.