Christmas

It was finally Christmas. The sun creeped through the windows bright and early. Waking Naruto up from his long slumber. He went to bed early the night before since he knew he had to be up early to open gifts with the kids. He made his way down stairs where coffee was already brewed and ready to pour. It smelt so good in the house.

Hinata and Himawari waited at the skirt of the Christmas tree while Boruto and Kawaki argued about who was going to use the bathroom first. Ignoring the two boys he made his way to his wife and daughter. He sat down next to the little girl and grew a big smile. "Merry Christmas!" He leaned over and hugged Hima. Looking past her shoulders he looked at Hinata and worded with his mouth Merry Christmas. She smiled happily and nodded her head in response.

The Hokages phone buzzed in his pocket. Grabbing his attention quickly he pulled it out.

Tsunade: Merry Christmas Naruto! 🎁

Naruto: Merry Christmas! 🎄

He put it back in his pocket, thinking about the 'emoji' she sent. Maybe it was her who left that gift in the office he thought. But soon that thought disappeared once he realized he is to not even think about the office.

"Boruto! Kawaki! Time for presents!" He yelled out to the boys who were still arguing over the toilet. Till they finally agreed to let Boruto go first. After they both relieved themselves they came and sat down near the tree. Kawaki sat a little further distance then everyone else seeing as he probably won't have anything.

Gift wrap was thrown left and right. Boruto got a new game boy the newest edition. With the most recent game that had just come out. "Awesome!!!" He yelled out. Excited to play it he started opening it.

Hima got a her first iPod since was finally old enough to at least have some music. She even got a pair of headphones to go with. "Yay! Thank you Mommy! Thank you Daddy!" She was so happy.

"Kawaki...here" Naruto handed him the gift he so desperately wrapped while in Ino's shop. Kawaki was hesitant at first. He felt embarrassment run through his face. Could they tell he was nervous? Of course already kind of knowing what he was getting, he definitely wasn't expecting to actually get it. A phone just like Lord Sevenths and a case that matched his too just a different color. Blue. His favorite to be specific. Did Lord Seventh know that? He wondered.

"Th-Thank you.." he quickly said not trying to draw to much attention to him, mainly trying to keep Boruto from saying anything. Which he seemed to be in luck since he was nose deep into his new game boy.

There was a note inside the box when he removed the phone out.
It read: "Here's my number, I'm sure you've got a better chance at figuring this thing out then i did. Text me whenever you need me okay? Merry Christmas"
At the bottom of the note it said "-Dad" which made his heart jump a little. He was truly happy and immediately he added Narutos number in his contacts. 'Dad'

"Glad you like it!" Naruto said to Kawaki. He smiled big. He was happy for him. Now he can reach him whenever  he needs to.

Narutos phone vibrated in his pocket again.

Iruka: Merry Christmas! I hope you and the family are doing okay! Make sure you stop by before going back to work! Xoxo

Naruto: Merry Christmas to you too! 🎄 you know i will! It's been to long! Hinata made you her infamous blueberry muffins! I'll see you soon!

He smiled at the message from his ninja academy teacher. Who basically was his dad. He received another message from Shikamaru saying Merry Christmas as well. He started to assume that this was just something that people did on holidays. He responded with the same text back. He put his phone down on the coffee table near the couch and got up to get himself a cup of coffee while the kids finished opening presents.

He sat down on the couch with his cup and sipped slowly while watching Hinata open the new necklace he got her. She looked at him with a red tinged face and smiled. "Thank you Naruto-kun!" He nodded in response with a big goofy smile. He loved making her happy.

His phone vibrated the table that he had just rested his feet on. Leaning up he grabbed it and noticed a message from someone not in his contacts.

Unknown: Merry Christmas Naruto.

He looked at it with question. Should he respond?