Who Is This?

He sat there trying to figure out who could possibly have his number that he didn't already have in his phone. He asked Boruto if maybe he knew who it could be but his son shrugged it off. "I don't know, maybe you forgot to save someone's number when you gave them yours." Going back to his game boy leaving him thinking.
"Hm..." he muffled under his breath. He hesitated but decided to text back.

Naruto: Merry Christmas, I'm sorry for asking but who is this? Still trying to get my contacts in order.

He responded back thinking this was the best way to say it without seeming rude. But no response. He waited for a solid five minutes. Thinking since they had just texted him, then a response would of been immediate. But still nothing.

An hour had passed while the family ate breakfast together. He checked his phone.
No Messages.
He wondered if he should text again but that's kind of weird don't you think?
Another hour passed, everyone was just relaxing enjoying the day together. Kawaki really seemed to be getting the hang of his new device.

Kawaki: Thanks again for the phone, can't believe you actually got me one.

He texted the Hokage even though they were in the same room, he understood why he did it privately. He looked up from the bowl of pretzels he was snacking on and saw Kawaki avoiding eye contact. Naruto smiled with a little chuckle.

Naruto: I'm glad you accepted it. It's good to see you happy! 🎁

With that he could see Kawaki grin behind his phone. He knew how grateful the kid was. Naruto went back to eating his pretzels like he hadn't just eaten breakfast an hour ago.

His phone buzzed again.

Unknown: A secret admirer.

This completely took Naruto by surprise. 'A secret admirer?' He thought to himself. What does that even mean? Should he even respond? Maybe it was just a prank. Maybe he should call the number? No. If it truly is a prank maybe he should go along with it. He smirked to himself deciding to keep this to himself as well.

Naruto: Oh really? Fan of the Hokage?

Unknown: You could say that.

Naruto: What's your name?

Unknown: Don't spoil the fun now.

Fun? So it is a joke? Maybe one of his friends? He started to get anxious.

Naruto: Kiba your very funny you know but i know it's you. It's gotta be! Jokes on you! :P

Unknown: No not Kiba. Don't you have his number saved?

He thought for a moment and quickly double checked his contacts. He does have Kiba saved so it definitely wasn't him. So then who?

Naruto: Okay maybe your right. Well then 'secret admirer' do you really know me? Or are you just a fangirl?

Unknown: I know you.

Naruto: What's my favorite color?

Unknown: Orange.

Naruto: That was to easy wasn't it..
Naruto: What about favorite food?

Unknown: Ramen 🍜

Naruto: Maybe that was to easy too.
Naruto: If you know me then that means i know you too right?

Unknown: Yes.

Naruto: So then why don't you just tell me who you are?
Naruto: Hello?
Naruto: Not responding now?

A couple of hours went by still no response from the unknown person. Maybe that's it? No more messages, must be over the fun joke they wanted to pull. Naruto couldn't figure it out. But this was his last day off before returning to work. He decided to put those thoughts aside and enjoy his time. While he still could.