The Perfect Gift

December 24, 2023

December 24, 2023

Floor 49: Mugien

Months have passed since Kirito and I made up. Ever since Kirito and I embraced one another something clicked inside us where we became closer. It was almost instinct at this point to have one another's back, stay by one another's side no matter what...

It's hard to explain.. how I feel... how we feel..

~><~><~><~

"Kirito, have you heard the rumors going around town?" I ask the boy in black sitting in front of me as we finish our meal.

"Which ones? You know, more and more rumors began to spread ever since the stunt you pulled on floor 26." Kirito replied with a smirk.

"I already apologized for that Kirito.. more than once. You still mad at me??" I ask worried.

"Of course... not. I just enjoy the reaction. What about those rumors you mentioned?" Kirito asks satisfied with my response.

"Well, there's been a rumor about a special boss for the Christmas Event. I don't know much about the event but there should be an interesting drop~" I tease as we exit the bar and into the crowd.

Making our way through Mugien we pass some small shops and purchase some goodies for later.

"Imma go talk to the info broker, you stay here for a while okay?" Kirito asks.

"As you wish Kirito, I'll look through some shops for the time being." I respond as I go back to looking at all the pretty items and food they have for sale.

Once Kirito went to talk to the info broker he walked towards the massive tree in the center of the village. I on the other hand looked through each stall and stopped once something caught my eye~

...

Returning back to my spot I wait for less than a minute to see Kirito clearly bothered. I immediately get worried and rush over to ask what's wrong..

"Kirito, what happened?" I asked softly.

"It's a lot, let's go get a room and talk there." He says while looking in my eyes. I stare back and they almost look dead but there's still a glint that shows he's not gone.

"Okay, come on." I grab onto the boys shaky hand and guide him over to the room as we sit on the bed in silence.

"It's about the event boss.." Kirito began.

"What about the boss Kirito?" I ask as I rub my hand along his back to ease his nerves the best I can.

Kirito's breath begins to shake as he struggles for a bit to speak but continues once he's able.

"Tonight on Christmas Eve, thats when the boss shows up. Nicholas the Renegade will appear under that Fir Tree we saw a few days back."

"Okay.. that's good. We know where it is and we know when it will spawn.. so what's really bothering you?" I ask more worried due to the suspense.