Flowers Bloomed

(Just a reminder of what Shinsei looks like lol)

February 23, 2024

Floor 35: Lost Forest

"I missed the forest here, it's beautiful at night, wouldn't you say?" I ask the boy in black as he destroys a horde of wild apes.

"Y-yeah! If your used to constant fighting.." Kirito says as he finishes off another wave of enemies.

"You enjoy it shush, and besides I'm still at the higher level so I'm enjoying not having to carry for a bit... of course I'll be here to help whenever you need me Kirito~" I begin to tease and Kirito simply smirks and punches my shoulder as a friendly gesture.

We continue on our walk side by side as I handle some of the other monsters on the way. We stop in our tracks when we hear a childish scream.

"A little girl?" I ask.

"Possibly.. let's go." Kirito draws his blade and I draw mine as we sprint towards the noise.

The closer we get the more monsters we destroy in our path as we finally reach a small girl holding onto what looks like a feather. We don't hesitate as we strike down the three remaining apes in front of the girl, saving her life.

The girl once saved begins to cry as she shouts the name 'Pina'..

"I'm sorry about your friend.." I say sincerely.

"You must be a dragon tamer.. if we were just a bit quicker we could of saved your friend.." Kirito admits and I agree.

"No.. it's okay. Thank you for saving my life.." the girl says with tears running down her face.

"Did Pina drop an item?" Kirito asks.

The girl checks the item dropped and it reads-

"Pina's heart... that's good." I say with glee as she asks why. "It means her heart is still with us and she can be revived."

"That's amazing.. I'm glad she'll be okay.." the girl says with a sniffle as there's hope.

"On floor 47 there's an item that can revive pets." Kirito reminds.

"O-oh, floor 47... well once I get my levels up then I can-"

"No.. you only have 3 days until the item is ineffective." I state as her hopes diminish.

"But don't worry, we can help you out." Kirito says.

This baffles me at first due to the fact Kirito seemingly cares for this girl.. I ignore the oddity and continue to send the girl a new dagger and some equipment since were the same class and I have extra that would do me no good.

"Please, take these. They will help boost your level by 5 to 7 levels at least." I say as she accepts the offer after some convincing.

"Thank you.." the girl says shyly.