Chapter 6

— Our fingers dancing when they meet

L: Hey Em
You know, I think I found your instagram
Your last name
is Bondevik?
That's so cool
mine is Wang
I hate it...
are you there?

Emil at the moment couldn't care about their last names. Right after their grandmother's funeral, Lukas decided to invite their cousin and his husband over for lunch.

Well, actually, there was nothing wrong with their cousin.
He was the one who stayed with Emil at the hospital, after the car incident. From what he understood, he never wanted to leave his room.

But then he disappeared for four years.

There wasn't any problem with his husband, too. He had a scary aura, yeah, but he still was a massive teddy bear.

The thing was...Emil didn't feel like having people over at all, even if it was only Tino and Berwald.

He brushed his hair for the thousandth time. His hair was always messy, but he couldn't help it. It was just a perennial bed-head.

«Em!» Matthias knocked on the bathroom's door, «are you ok, in there? You're taking so long!»

«Am f-f-fine» Emil said in response, then put the comb away and left the bathroom. His hair still was messy.

He couldn't be bothered by changing his clothes. Tino and Berwald were almost there and he kinda liked how he looked in a shirt.
Maybe he could put on one of his oversized hoodies. It wasn't that hot, after-all.

He had so many oversized hoodies. He loved them so much...hoodies in general made him feel safe, somehow...think about oversized hoodies. So warm, nice and big. He got to his bedroom and grabbed the first hoodie he found, a zip-up black hoodie. Then he got back to the entrance and then into the kitchen.

«hey, Em» his brother greeted as Emil entered the kitchen, «you look good».

«thanks» the other said, simply. They were people of few words, most of the times. Lukas was just like that, and Emil thought that if he spoke less, he could stutter less. They weren't like Matthias or Tino. They were so damn talkative!

Meanwhile, someone knocked on the door.

«look at the fish here while I go open...» Lukas murmured.

«'kay»

Look at the fish.
Look at the fish.
Look at the fish.

He could hear his cousin's nagging voice from the entrance.

Look at the fish.

He was probably squeezing Lukas now, and Berwald was probably looking uncomfortable.

Look at the fish.

«where are Em and 'Thias?» Tino asked. He had such a weird accent, where did he get it? Maybe it was his Finnish father who got him the accent?

«Em is in the kitchen» his brother answered.

Look at the fish.

«I don't know where Matthias is»

«Oh. Well...Ber! Dear! Why don't you put your coat off?» Tino said in a weird but also familiar sing-song voice. It was common, honestly.

Look at the fish.

«f'ne.» another accent...
Berwald was Swedish. He apparently moved to Norway some years before.

«I'll be right back.» Lukas said, the  he got back to the kitchen; «woah, Em. You look so concentrated.»