Chapter 14

— I'll be yours and you'll be mine

TW !! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DELICATE TOPICS SUCH AS CUTT1NG.
I'll mark that part with ‼️, feel free to skip it if it triggers you in any way.
The parts after the TW will be marked with 🌸.

A week or two passed.
Nothing was getting resolved, nothing felt right.
Mrs. Eriksson kept saying it was normal...like it was normal wanting to end your life 23/6.

As days passed, his family started getting worried, his only friend too and Emil just kept going with that self-harm thing. And anxiety showed up, because apparently crippling depression wasn't enough.

That day felt wrong right at the very start.

First of all, why did Leon text him at three in the morning?
Second, did Matthias and Lukas leave him home alone again?
Third, he still was nauseated from the antidepressants. At least the nausea wasn't as strong as the first time.

He got up from his bed and looked a bit around, he could tell he was home alone from the complete absence of noises.
If Lukas and Matthias were there, by this time he would've heard the noise of the coffee maker and Matthias shouting.

He stretched a bit, then went directly to the bathroom to try to fix his bed-head hair, but there was no way it could look nice and neat as he wanted.

He sighed, then got out of the bathroom and walked to the kitchen. Maybe Lukas or Matthias left a message for him.
He looked at the fridge, through all the notes, finding soon a new one; this time he didn't have to decipher the fancy calligraphy of his brother, fortunately.

"Em, we're sorry for leaving u alone. Don't worry though, Tino and Berwald are coming to look after u! Have a good day, baby Em" it said.

Ti—
Tino and Berwald?
Really?

Emil flinched, and got back to his bedroom quickly to grab a random hoodie and put it on. It was a lot since he put on something colorful. Most of his clothes were either black, white or grey. The hoodie he grabbed was dark red...and he might've steal it from Matthias.

He grabbed his phone and put it in the pocket, then went back to the living room to wait for the doorbell to ring.

Meanwhile he just looked around.
The bookshelf was kind of messy, a book fell on the floor. He picked it up, reading the title.
"Nordic Mythology". Ah, Lukas must've stayed up late reading that book until he fell asleep as almost every day. Then Matthias would pick him up, tuck him to bed and cuddle with him.
That was pretty common...
How did Emil know? This is another story that has to be told another time.

Emil blinked, then opened the book and browsed in it for a while, reading titles and flinching at long words.

The doorbell finally rang.
Emil ran to open the door, not like he was excited at all. He unlocked it and opened it,  finding himself in a rib-crushing hug.
Typical of Tino.

«good morning, Em!» he greeted, Emil flinched from hearing again that nagging yet soothing voice.

«m'rning.» Berwald said as well, still standing on the door.

«hi...» Emil said, «T-Tino, could y-y-you let m-me g-g-go?»

«huh? Yeah, of course»
Tino broke off the hug, while Berwald got in so Emil could lock the door again.

The other two put off their coats and Emil kinda felt like an human hanger by taking them and looking around trying to find a place where to put them, since they didn't have any. Usually they left their coats on the couch or stuff...