Chapter 8

- I'll be the only dream you'll seek -

A while passed since the last time him and Emil chatted, and it was lowkey worrying Leon. He tried multiple times to start a conversation, but the Norwegian always left him on read.

Meanwhile, he tried his best not to get his phone taken away; between bad grades, fights and his annoying sibling, it wasn't that easy, and Leon thought he needed a reward.

«I made tea,» someone exclaimed from downstairs, then he heard feet running down the stairs.

That was common; Kiku making tea and Mei running downstairs.

«good tea, or meh tea?» here was Yao asking if the tea was made properly.
How do you make tea in a wrong way? You put coke instead of hot water?

Leon was banned from touching the tea kettle, or from kitchen in general. Once he tried to make tea and set the whole kitchen on fire, somehow.
He got grounded for three months for that.

«BUBBLE TEA?» Yong Soo shouted from his bed, he finally finished the marathon of TWICE songs.

How was Kiku supposed to make bubble tea?
That was Mei's thing, probably Kiku made that lame matcha tea.

«How could he make bubble tea, dumb b*tch?» Leon asked his twin.

«wah, wah, wah, how could he make bubble tea?» Yong Soo snapped, imitating him.

Leon sighed, then got his phone and once again tried to start a convo with his online friend.

L: hey Em??
Are u ok?
It's been a while you don't text
it's kinda worrying me
so
please reply????

He sent the texts, which got delivered.
Now he hoped Emil would reply soon.
What happened to him?
Did he get his phone taken away?
Was he just busy?
What if he...damn. That was a terrible thought. What if he killed himself? That was a comprehensible option, but he hoped it wasn't true.

He grew fond of him.
Maybe they weren't only friends? At least by Leon's side...no, what a stupid thing. They knew each other six weeks before...only two months.

He slapped his cheeks, trying to get the thought away, but Emil's voice still echoed in his head.
He could barely feel his heart racing, he was too distracted by his voice.

But he noticed a buzz.

A buzz! Maybe Emil finally replied!

He looked at the phone and he got so happy he could jump, and dance, and smile for a year.

E: hi

Yeah, that wasn't a lot, but at least he replied. At least he was alive.

L: BRO WTF HAPPENED
I MISSED U SM

E: hmmmm
just didn't feel like talking to anyone
it's not the right period
i'm sorry

L: it's fine dw :>>>

E: :)

L: i'm so happy u're ok!

E: not really ok
but hey i keep going
and that's the important thing, isn't it?