chapter 31

Desire's pov:

              I had been delaying my visit to my uncle because Essence was still in the hospital, she was discharged yesterday and she's currently at her mom's house. Her mom wants her to be fully protected from that person after her, whatever that means.

        Anyways, I'm on my way there and I'm very pissed, it's the fact that man is still pulling strings from jail and I pay huge sum of money to the police to prevent him and his family from having contact with the outside world.

          That same red Chevrolet was spotted outside if Essence's house, the hospital and my house. It won't be long before they find out where Essence parents live, her dad is blaming me of course and I'm not even moved because I know it's my fault, I just want this person gone so I can be with my wife- sorry girlfriend again. I'm not allowed at that house because apparently I bring trouble. These few days has been rough for me.

       Essence and i still talk on face time but it's not the same as being there with her. And dad just won't allow me there.

I'm frustrated but I understand him though.

        I parked my car and walked into the station straight to the DPO's office, Nobody dared to stop me.

         "Who's th- oh Mrs Jachike, you're here" he said giving me a fake smile.

         "What did I tell you about letting my uncle in touch with outsiders?" I got straight to the point, I'm way too angry for fake pleasantries.

       "I don't understand"
       "What do you mean by you don't understand! I pay you to keep that man and his family away people and yet my girlfriend almost lost her life after being attack by my uncle's fucking accomplices or whatever they are!"

       "Mrs Jachike calm dow-
       "It's ms not Mrs. Don't tell me to calm down because you're not doing what I'm paying you for!"

        "What are you talking about?"
        "I want to see Ambrose, put him in the special room" I'll have to do their job for them

        "Okay ma'am" he nodded and left

         "Hello Ambrose" I said with so much hate as I walked into the special room.

        "What are you doing here, you abomination?!" That landed him wincing in pain as I slapped his face with my fingers full of rings.

Ooouuu this is gonna be so much fun.

-

          After torturing ambrose and Jackson and all the blood I have to wipe from my body,it turns out they have no hands in the accident or they're really hard-headed. But I'll go with the former, the way Jackson was crying and pleading like a little bitch, I know if they had a hand in it he would've said something when I started removing his nails with the pliers. So I'm headed home, frustrated and pissed because there's really someone out there out to get Essence because of me and I can't do anything. I did tell the police to look into the case, they said they'll try their best. I hope their best is enough.

          I walked into my house to see Essence and Lexi doing a- wait what the fuck.

What is Lexi doing here?!

(A/N: y'all know lexi right? If not, she's Desire's ex, I think I've mentioned her before)

       "Lexi what are you doing here?" I asked surprised to see the face that also contributed to making me hate myself.