chapter 40

Desire's pov:

         I finally got Essence out of the house, she's been delaying to call her parents or go visit them. I don't know why. So I decided to drag her to her parents house myself.

      Her baby bump is now visible and she looks so cute, she's a grumpy cutie-

       "Leave me alone" she said slapping my hands from her baby bump.
       "I can't even touch my own kid?"

     "You're not touching your kid! Your hand is on my stomach, wait till he's out before you can touch him" she said rolling her eyes as she rested her head on the window.

      I rested my hand on her thighs before looking back to stare at Hendrix. He was looking at me so I smiled at him. He gave we a weird look before looking out the window.

Weird child.

        I started rubbing her thighs, I know she likes it when I do that so she won't slap my hand off and just like I thought she didn't.

      My hand started inching close to her panty covered core. As I was about to move it to the side. She held my wrist making me look at her.

        "What?" I asked giving her an innocent look
        "Don't you even dare. Your son is in the car for crying out loud" she said glaring at me

       "What did I do?" She pushed my hands away as she glared at me.

     "Keep your hands to yourself if you don't want it chopped off"

      "I prefer if it vanishes inside ur warm hole"
      "Shut up!" She said hitting my shoulders harshly.

       "Give me a kiss and smile for me then I'll stop"

         "No! I wanna be pissed"
        "Come on, mama"

     "Can't you stay on your own?"
     "Give me a kiss then I'll leave your grumpy butt alone"

      "Finee" she said rolling her eyes as she kiss my cheeks

      "Nuh, huh. Right here" I said pointing at my lips. She kissed my lips quickly and gave me a tight lipped smile before facing away.

       "Mama are you hungry?" Hendrix asked making me look back at him

       "Mama? Who's that?"I asked
     "Essence is mama, right? You call her that, am I not allowed to call her that?"

       "Of course Hendrix, you can call me that" she said smiling. "And yes, I'm hungry"

        "Well let's hope your mom cooked" that earned me a glare. But I didn't mind her I just continued driving

(At her mom's house)

Essence' pov:

          "Essence?!" The loud dramatic gasp of my mom made me want to roll my eyes so bad..

  Acting like I just came back from the valley of the shadow of death.

     Honestly I could have just called my parents and told them I'm back. But Desire just wants to watch my dramatic family do what they do best....'be dramatic'

         "Mom yes I'm back and I'm hungry, I need food." I said to my mom who was busy checking for what I don't know, on my body.

         "Is this really you?" No it's ghost!
         "Where are the others? Is there food" I said trying to walk away from her tight grip.

         "Wait, Desire? Who brought you back Essence?" My mom asked as she finally saw Desire.

       "I brought her back like I promised I would ma'am" I gave them a weird look.

       "What happened while I was gone?" I have a feeling something went down.

         "Nothing for you to worry about baby" Desire said looking at my mom who was way too quiet for my liking.

       "Mom?"
        "Okay fine, we might have accused her for your kidnap and also threatened her" she said looking guilty

      "How do you feel now, when you realized she's not the one?" She sighed before speaking up

      "I'm sorry for the way I acted even though you were trying to help and I'm grateful you still helped her even after everything we did"

     "That's fine, I understand. I'd act the same if my kids were in a situation like that"

        "You'd be a great parent" oh no she won't. She was tryna finger me in front of her son!

Hoe

            "Alright people I'm going to go look for food. Hendrix do you want any?"

          "Daddy killed all those people for you" he said pointing at the tv as he looked at me

      POLICE OFFICERS BRUTALLY MURDERED BY UNKNOWN GUN MEN.    That was the headline of the news

What's he talking about?

        I looked at Desire, just to find her looking away from everybody.

          "Is he saying the truth?"
           "I don't lie, lying is bad" Hendrix added all the while still focused on watching the news.

           "Well....."
          "Oh my god, I don't want to hear.  I'm going to take my phone and inform your siblings of your return and come cook you your favorite meal"

          "Desire?"
           "Yes I did. Well I didn't kill them with my hands. I had people do it for me. But the real question is how did Hendrix know"

       "I heard you conversation with uncle Tolu." he said non-challantly...... remind me never to say anything in front of him again

        "You killed them for what?"
       "They double crossed me. I was thinking I was heading somewhere with the search not knowing they were working with Bella too. I did that out of anger. That bitch would have killed the both of us and those police would have covered it up"

     "So you kill the whole officers in that police department?" Honestly I'm not mad

       "I would have killed their family members if anything has happened to you or my child" she said as she sat down carelessly on the couch next to Hendrix.

        "Y'all sit here while I go hunt for food." I said to nobody in particular since they were both busy watching tv.

         I should as well take my time, since nobody wants to give me attention.

      Why did she bring me here if she was just gonna sit around and watch tv?

Hoe

A/N: okayyy this book is coming to an end, there's only one chapter left.... I got tired of this book at some point, but the good part is I still got to finish it without abandoning it. So kudo's to me, I guess

    I might add an epilogue if I feel like it or maybe not, let's see what I'm in the mood for

Bye my lovelies😘