chapter 20

Essence' pov:

        I watched as the boy walked off somewhere in the crowd. How can you walk up to me and hand me a flashdrive that I don't know of and ask me to play it?

      Im in control of the sound and screen so everything that needed to be used this night has already been given to me.

       As much as I want to see some drama this night, I also do not want to get a bad name. because, if this happen to be some sort of sex tape or something dumb it will all fall back to me. Dj Essence played it, the boy would be no where to be found. I can't jeopardize my career for a measly amount of money.

      I played the dumbass intro they wanted me to play anytime the host comes on stage. She was a tall dark woman. Not that pretty but she's okay.

        "Hey-" I looked up to see who had that familiar voice, to see that it was Desire. So she was really the one I saw.

       "What are you doing here Desire?" I asked staring at the goddess infront of me.

      "Are you the DJ?"
      "Duhhh"

      "Okay, good. Please I want you to play this" she said handing me the same flash drive that boy gave to me.

     "Your friend came here with this thing and I refused to play it, what makes you think I'll play it now?" She's  out of her mind, she'll be the last person I'll do stuff for

      "Essence, please. I need you to play this, it's really important"

      "Desire I don't know what video is in that flashdrive, I can't just play it. I don't want to jeopardize my career!"

        "Essence, please do this for me. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your career, I promise" something about the way she sounded just made me collect it.

       "I will kill you myself if this is some stupid sex tape" I said putting it in.

      "It's not. And thank you very much, you look pretty tonight" she said smiling at me. Making me look away blushing like an idiot!

       "Once the boy comes in and takes the mic that's when you play it. Don't worry I'll just do it" she said going to stand next to the screen monitor

      I let her do whatever she wanted because I was too focus on staring at her.

Can a human be this beautiful?

      She looked back at me and threw a smile my way, all her dimples were on display.

I'll have to admit, I have a thing for this girl.

        "Let's welcome on stage, my one and only son. The heir to Jachike empire, Jackson Jachike!" The man who I assume to be the real Jachike said smiling widely.

     "Desire what exactly do you want to do?" I asked the girl who seemed to be busy

     "Don't worry baby, you'll see" baby? Why do I like that?!

Desire's pov:

         As soon as Jackson takes to the stage smiling widely I smirked

        "Hello Every-" I cut off all the mic's and started the video.

(A/N: the conversation in the video would be in italic)

        "Lotana, I want you to forfeit your whole inheritance and travel far away. We all know you're not capable of running this company. You're not a real man or a real woman so how do you expect to gain respect from your partners and workers?"