chapter 19

Essence pov:

            "Dad why do I have to come along with you to this Jachike people's event" I groaned as I followed my dad down the stairs.

         "Because my whole family was invited and besides aren't you the  dj for the party?" He asked. I'm just so fucking tired, they paid a huge amount of money and that bitch Grace has already told them I'll do it.

        "Yes, I am. But still!"

   "we're all expected to be there" Erin said. She was wearing a pantsuit, her outfit was all whites. She's the Total definition of a rich kid. Her weave touching her ass and all.

        "No we're not. This people don't even know us."

        "They know me so all of you are attending that event. You're acting like you got any other place to be" my bed! That's the only place I want to be at right now!

         "Essence quit whining maybe you'll marry their cute son, so we'll be super rich" Elliot dumbass said

Ever since that day at the mall with Desire, he has been making dumb remark about me marrying a man.

You will never catch me dead with a man

        "Why don't you get married to the cute son so we could be super rich?" I asked his dumbass.

      "I'm not gay" he said scrunching up his face
      "And I'm straight?"

       "Both of you, shut up! Eden you look sharp my boy" my dad said patting Eden on the back

       "He looks stupid" I just had to put it out there.

        "Says the girl that looks out of place" Erin needs to get slapped

  But I'm not putting my hands on that strong ass cheeks of her's

         "Bitch shut up, you guys are just over dressed for an occasion you weren't invited to" I looked pretty amazing if you ask me. My dress is not over the top like theirs, but it's the most expensive.

But they don't know that.

          "My dad was invited, so automatically I'm invited" Erin said going to sit next to my dad.

        "Essence why are you wearing black?" My mom asked as soon as she came into the living room.

      "Because I wasn't in the mood to wear white and besides, I'm not going to be having family time with y'all there." which is a the truth, my dad and that bitch ass Grace only told me about the event last night. I was too tired to look for a white outfit so i just went with the nicest outfit I first came in contact with.

Afterall a the dj doesn't have to go with the theme of the party.

         "You will look different-"
         "Essence!!! We're twinning" Eleora jumped happily as she saw me. I might have brought the black dress to her and force her to wear it so i wouldn't be the only one in black.

        "Yes, buggy come sit next to me" she came to sit next to me grinning at my annoyed mom.

        "Eleora where's the dress I bought for you?" My mom asked

       "This is it" she said smiling.
         "Essence I know you have a hand in this" my dad said.

    "What? Me? Noooo.....I just got here, i haven't even seen Eleora since I arrived"

       "Essence definitely brought this dress" Elliot said
       "This dress is nicer than the one mom got Eleora" Eden said earning a smack from my mom.

You see..... I saved my kid sis from looking a white lotus. They should be thanking me.

       "The dress is short" Erin said looking at me.

      "No it's not, stop talking stupid" Eleora Is wearing a black dinner spaghetti strap dress. It only has a split that is a little bit above her knee. Yes the dress is quite mature for her but it's better than looking like a fat kid wrapped in lotus!

        "Essence, stop talking to my daughter like that" my dad said giving me a look. Tell your daughter to mind her business.

      "Your daughter should start minding her business" which was the simple truth.

       "Let's just go, you guys better behave at that party" my mom said giving me a look.

I wouldn't even be with you guys at the party!!!

        "Eleora let's go" I said holding the girl who was busy on her phone
      "I want to go with you too" Eden said standing up.

      "Please bring my kids on time"

      "I will" I said smiling
      "She won't" Elliot said laughing.

        "How are you going late to an event when you're the dj?" Erin asked.

        "Fuck that event and fuck that Grace too" I said, as I lead the two sensible Coker's out of my dad's house. Dumbass Grace made me cancel the plans i had with my bed

_

   "Isn't that the girl from the mall?" Eden asked.
      "What girl-  that person looks like Desire" it can't possibly be her

      "Is she the Jachike boy thats gonna be taking over the company?" Eleora asked, she sure did know what this event is about.

      "I don't think so, Desire is a girl. It might be somebody that looks like her" as soon as the word left my mouth her eyes fell on mine before she quickly put her on a face mask and slipped through the crowd.

That's definitely desire and why's she being sneaky?

Desire's pov:

          Essence looked so beautiful, I'll have to admit it this time. That girl is fine!

       "You look lost" Tolu said as soon as I got into the empty room we were supposed to meet at.

      "Im not lost, I just saw somebody I didn't expect to see."

        "Is that so?" He asked smiling. I rolled my eyes and sat on a random chair.

       "We have like 30minutes before we hand the dj the flashdrive.

        "Alright...Are the police here?"I asked just to be sure.

        "Yes they are, everything has been put in place."

         "Let's do this then"

     After minutes of waiting it was finally time. I gave the flash drive  to Tolu. While I wait till the video starts showing.

        My father's brother was stepping down today and putting his son as the CEO of Jachike airlines. In honour of my death.

How do you honour somebody by putting someone else in his position, the same day the person died? That's disrespectful as fuck.

         Today is my 6th year death anniversary. He never for once celebrated it but he decided to do it today and also give his dumbass son my position.

        My phone started ringing, I looked down to see it was Tolu so I started walking out. I had my face mask on put I don't think people will recognize me. I look a lot more feminine and mature now. I'm in a white power suit, I love it so damn much!

       "Tolu, I got it. I'm coming now" I said
     "There's a problem" oh no

      "What happened?"
     "The dj refused to take the flash drive even after I offered to pay her!"  We could easily show the police this flash drive at the police station but I also want all his supporters and partners to see who he really is. That's why I needed this video to be played.

       "Im coming, I'll try talking with the person, if they don't agree we would have to use force, I don't care"