Twenty four

Mia knew how tense that things were and she hated it. Mia knew that none of it was easy. 

She knew how hard that it was with Iain. She felt as if he was avoiding her. All that they did was argue and it was starting to get to her.

Mia knew how Poppy had been hurt. She knew how he blamed her and she hated it. She knew how guilty that she felt about it all.

Mia was glad that Poppy was okay. She was glad to have her home.

Mia stood in the kitchen with daisy as she stood texting Iain. She knew how they were fighting. But they had kids together. And she needed him to help.

Mia looked up. She smiled as she saw Poppy as she walked into the room. "How are you feeling baby?" Mia asked. 

Poppy smiled. "I okay. Where daddy? I miss him!"

Mia looked to her. She smiled. "He's working baby. Don't worry. You will see him soon," she said as Poppy walked over to her as she placed daisy in her high chair. 

She picked up poppy and smiled. "I know it's hard. And you have been through a lot baby. But I am here. I love you and nothing bad is going to happen. I am here for you. It will be okay. I promise," Mia said as she looked to her little girl as Poppy looked to her and nodded.

Mia couldn't help but worry about what was going on.

****

Mia got to work. She smiled as she saw Aimee. "Hey. How are the girls?" Aimee asked.

Mia smiled and nodded. "They're good. My mum is looking after them. I have no idea where Iain is. I haven't seen him for three days since we had the fight. Poppy is home. And he wasn't there. Now she's asking questions. And I don't know what to tell her."

Aimee smiled. "I know it's not easy. I do. But you're not alone I'm here. And you need to find Iain and what's going on. You have girls together. He can't just vanish as you had a stupid fight. He has responsibilities," she said. 

Mia smiled. Knowing that she was right. "Anyway enough of Iain. What's going on with you and Cal. Is he still going on about having a baby?" She asked. 

Aimee nodded. "I think I may consider it. I mean I love him. I can't see myself falling for someone else. But it scares me" Aimee said

Mia smiled. "No matter what, you will be a good mum," she said as Aimee smiled.

****

Mia walked into the ambulance bay she sighed as she looked to Iain.

The two of them held eye contact. "We need to talk," she said as Iain nodded. "Why have you been ignoring me? I have two daughters with you. And now you're ignoring me."

Iain looked to her and sighed. "I'm sorry. I have been a jerk," he said as he pulled her into his arms. He kissed her and smiled. 

Mia knew that things were hard with her and Iain. But little did she know what he had done.