Six

Mia and Iain were slowly working on their relationship. Mia didn't want to lose him. Not when they had their daughter.

Mia woke that morning and saw Iain asleep with Poppy on his chest. Mia smiled and kissed her sleeping daughter. "You're so cute," she whispered.

"Quit staring  at me while I'm asleep," Iain mumbled. He opened his eyes. "Morning."

"Morning."

***
Iain and Mia went to get some breakfast before they went to work. Poppy slept in her car seat. "Full English? Iain asked.

"Bacon sandwich," Mia replied as she checked Poppy was warm. She smiled at Iain. "Honestly, a bacon sarnie is all I want."

Iain ordered their breakfast. He came over. "I know I have a lot to do to make it up to you."

"I've forgiven you baby. I promise, Mia said. She took Iain's hand. "You, me and Poppy for life."

***
They arrived at the ED. Mia kissed Iain before they went inside. Charlie walked over. "Let's meet the youngest member of the ED."

Mia grinned and showed Charlie her little girl. "Doesn't she look like Iain?"

"Poor kid," Mia joked.

***
When Poppy had been settled in crèche, Mia went to get changed into her scrubs. She saw Olivia. "Hey."

Olivia smiled. "Hey! How's my small one?"

"She's sleeping. She's so much like Iain," Mia said. She was so proud of her daughter.

"Bless her. The kids wanna meet her."

Mia smiled. "We should arrange something. You could bring them over tonight with Sam," she said.

"Yes!"

***
The shift was passing too slow for Mia. She wanted to go home and relax with her boyfriend and daughter.

Olivia came over. "How's it going?"

"I want my baby and I wanna go home," Mia complained. She grinned. "No one ever said it was easy leaving them."

"You can always go and see her on your break," Olivia said. She knew how Mia was feeling.

"I guess you're right."

***
Iain was on a break with Jez. Jez smirked. "Betting the kid keeps you up."

Iain glared. "I love my little girl and her waking me up is the best thing."

"Calm down boss. I'm just saying kids mess up sleeping patterns," Jez said.

Iain rolled his eyes and drank his coffee. "3006 to control."

Iain groaned knowing there was a casualty.

***
Eventually Mia got her lunch break. She went to see her daughter. She went inside the crèche. Poppy was lying on the floor screaming. Mia ran over. Poppy was soaking wet.

There was no adult in the crèche. Mia felt anger. She got a nurse to sit in and took Poppy to Iain.

"Where's Iain?" She asked.

"Office."

Mia walked into the office. She was crying. Iain noticed. "Mia, what's happened?" Iain asked when he saw the tears.

"I-I went to see Poppy in the crèche. She was on the floor soaking wet. There wasn't anyone supervising her or any of the other kids," Mia sobbed.

Iain was shocked. Before anything, there was bang. The roof had collapsed...