Twenty five

Mia lay in bed next to Iain and smiled. She was glad that they were trying to make things work with them. But she still felt as if there was a strain. And she didn't know what it was.

She felt as if she was being paranoid. But she knew she hoped that was all it was.

Mia knew that she just wanted for everything to be okay with her and Iain.

Mia rolled over in bed. She smiled as she looked to Iain. "we're okay aren't we? I mean I know all that has happened. And I just want us to be okay," she said as he looked to her and smiled.

He placed a hand on her cheek and smiled. "I know how things are. I know it's not easy. But I promise you I am here. And I love you and the girls. Yeah we are going through a rough patch. But we will be okay," he said as she smiled. 

She knew that he was right. And she hoped that they could get through it as she knew it wasn't easy.

She knew how Poppy had been in the hospital. And how she had been getting better.  She knew that she hated what her daughter had gone through. How she wanted her to be better.

She knew that she wanted for everything to be okay.

Iain placed a hand on her cheek and smiled as he leant in and kissed her.  Mia wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. 

****

Mia got to work. She smiled as she saw Aimee. "Hey. How are you doing?" Aimee asked.

Mia looked to her and smiled. "It's good. Iain is back home with me and the girls. And he's helping out. It has been tense with us about with Poppy and what happened. It's not easy," she said. 

Aimee looked to her and smiled. "I get that. But you and Iain have been through so much. You're good together," she said.

Mia looked to her and smiled. "How is it going for you and Cal? Are you trying for a baby?" She asked. 

"We're seeing what happens you know. We're not putting pressure on it. And we agreed, if it happens it does," Aimee said.

Mia smiled. "You're good together. I'm sure no matter what you'll be great parents," she said as Aimee looked to her and smiled. 

****

Mia walked into the ambulance bay as she saw Iain. He looked to her and smiled. "Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

Mia smiled. "It's good I got you a coffee. I know that you have had a busy morning," she told him.

Iain pulled her close and kissed her. She looked to him and smirked.  "how did I get so lucky to get you?"

Mia wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled. "I know how things have been with us lately. But I want it to be okay. For us and the sake of the girls," she said.

Iain nodded and smiled. "So do I," he said as Mia smiled.

But would everything really be okay?