The Interrogation

James and Natalia were separated for the interrogation.

They were sorted into different rooms.

Clint would interrogate Barnes while a random agent would question Romanova.

"Name?" Clint asked.

"Name?" the agent said.

Natalia kept a neutral expression. "Natalia Alianovna Romanova."

James glared at Clint. "James Buchanan Barnes."

"Age?"

"Twenty something."

"You don't want to know."

Clint gave him a look.

James sighed. "A hundred and three? I'm honestly not sure."

"What age did you——"

"Four. Makes you feel how lucky you are to have an average life, doesn't it?"

"I don't know when I joined."

The questions continued. After a while, the agent questioning Natalia stepped out.

"She might be hiding something. Her expression isn't changing. Should we use the device?"

The device could make the person relive his or her memories and the serum would make the person be forced to spill after the process.

Fury nodded.

*****

Natalia struggled and tried to call for James but gasped when one of her old memories suddenly flashed in her mind.

A memory of her 'mother' Melina. "Keep your heart."

Her pointing a gun at the soldiers in order to protect her younger 'sister' Yelena. "Step back! I will shoot! Don't move! I will shoot!"

Being tricked by her own 'father' Alexei.

Waking up only to be separated from Yelena.

More and more traumatic memories flashed by, and with each, Natalia had to resist the urge to whimper, until......

......the wires were taken off her.

Natalia gasped for air, breathing heavily.

*****

"Fury, you did what?!" Clint yelled into his earpiece.

James immediately knew that something had gone wrong.

He snuck off to the room just in time to see he agent pull wires off of Natalia. He saw her grave expression, along with her heavy gasps for air.

He rushed in urgently and went to her side.

She was shaking uncontrollably, as if fighting against something. He had no choice but to press two fingers on her pressure point and knock her out.

Thereafter, he stalked towards the agent and knocked him out too with a swift punch.