Warning

"How is she?" Melina asked later on as she got a drink from the kitchen island. She had received the information about Hydra shortly after she arrived.

James sat on the couch with Natalia lying on his lap, asleep. He stroked her hair tenderly, watching her sleep.

He turned to Melina, nodding.

"I didn't expect Smirnoff to appear after so many years," Yelena said, flopping down onto the couch with Alexei. "He was engaged to Natalia for a while, wasn't he? Then he went on a flight, allegedly, before the plane crashed—allegedly. Then he alleged—allegedly was buried...somewhere."

"If not somewhere then where? And what's with all the...all-ged-edly...alleg...bah!" Melina scoffed. "English words. What is he planning to do this time? He was the one who reported you two and got you separated...if I'm not wrong."

"Yea, he was," James whispered, his free hand curling into a tight fist. "He was very thrilled about it too. He was the one who made her watch. After that he and Natalia were supposed to get married, but he died—allegedly, allegedly."

Melina gave him a weird look. "What's with you people today."

"He's not dead anymore, so I'm just using the word to show that...he died last time...allegedly," Yelena explained.

"Спасибо," (Thank you) she chirped as Melina handed her a packet of apple juice. James seemed to stare at it menacingly as she began to sip from the straw.

Yelena stared at Natalia for a while before tilting her head. "I'm gonna' wake her up."

"No," James stated.

"Yes. Natalia! WAKE UP! WAKE! UP!" she yelled.

"She needs rest! Stop bothering her!" James growled.

"You just don't want to let go of her once she wakes up, you protective creep!" Yelena shot back.

"Who's a creep?"

Natalia groaned as she rubbed her eyes, wide awake. James helped her to sit up, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Oh, please—not in front of me," Yelena sighed, swatting the air as if a bug was flying too close to her.

"It seems you need a partner of your own, Yelena," Melina wondered aloud. "Or do you already have one? That archer girl, what was her name? Katie...Katie Pawn?"

Yelena glared at her. "Kate Bishop."

"Whatever. Bishops and pawns are similar in chess—"

"No."

Melina gave her a look. "Well, Kate Belova sounds better I suppose."

"Mama!"

"Whaat? Everyone knows you two..."

"Where's Wanda so she can shut you up?!"

Their squabbling was interrupted by a crash.

Clint stumbled in, holding up his phone.

"The latest news: Steve Grant Rogers and Bruce Banner in critical condition after being cornered in an alleyway in New York. Both were shot several times and are currently fighting for their lives."

"Holy shit," Yelena said.

A message was painted on the walls of the alleyway where they were attacked, the words "Winter Soldier", crossed out in black, followed by a familiar symbol: HYDRA.

A warning.