Chapter 6 - The First Spacequake

April 10th 2011

John's PoV

Waking up as usual on the same time, I went downstairs and proceeded to make lunch for Shido and Kotori. After making the lunch and putting them into the bento boxes, I proceeded to make breakfast next. While doing so, I can hear Shido crying in pain. Which means Kotori most likely dropped kicked him awake again. About half an hour later, Kotori can be heard screaming. Which also means Shido has scared her. I question their sibling relationship sometimes.

Putting these thought away from my head, I continued making breakfast as Kotori ran downstairs and hid behind the couch. A few minutes later, Shido came downstairs and proceeds to sneak up on Kotori before scaring her again. At which point I gave Shido a chop to the head with my hand.

John: "Shido, that's enough."

Shido: "Ouch, alright I'm sorry." He apologizes as he rubs the top of his head.

John: "Apologize to your sister, not to me. You are the one that traumatized her." I told the blue hair young man before he turns to Kotori and apologizes to her.

John: "Also, breakfast is ready. Eat it before it gets cold."

Shido then notices Kotori put something in her mouth before attempting to pull out what seems to look like a lollipop out of her mouth.

Shido: "Hey, we're about to have breakfast! Shido says as he tries to pull the lollipop out of Kotori's mouth but to no avail.

Kotori: "No!"

Shido: "Jeez, make sure you eat all your breakfast too."

Kotori: "Of course, I love you big brother!"

I smiled a bit while watching this scene, I had a similar experience to this quite a couple times. Pretty much I had to separate a couple fights whenever Jeremy argues with a random civilian. Most of the time, he is the first to provoke them.

As I placed the plates down the table, the TV caught my attention. There is a news related to a natural disaster I never heard of called a "Spacequake" occurred this morning. Which I find it strange since I never felt it as I was awake that time.

Both Kotori and Shido stopped what they were doing as they watched the news too.

Shido: "Again? It was close too this time."

John: "What do you mean again? Have this happened before I came here?"

Shido: "Yeah, but that was five years ago."

John: "I see."

After watching the news about the spacequake, we ate breakfast. After finishing, Shido asks me if I want anything for lunch today.

John: "I don't mind anything, not much of a picky eater."

Shido: "How about you Kotori?" To which Kotori's eyes starts to sparkle.

Kotori: "I would like a deluxe kids meal!"

Shido: "That's a dinner menu, we don't serve that dish in this restaurant."

Kotori then gives out the puppy eyes.

Kotori: "Pretty please? It's so yummy!"

Shido then turns to me and asks for my input.

Shido: "What do you think John?"

John: "Let Kotori have her kids meal, I can pay for out meals." I say as Kotori instantly gave me a big hug.

Kotori: "Yay, thank you so much big brother John!" I flinched a bit after hearing what Kotori called me. I decided to ignore the last sentence since Kotori is still a child after all.