Chapter 42 - A Dangerous Request

John's PoV

Charging at Origami, I swung whatever I had on my hand with full force. She activated her shield however it immediately broke as soon as the weapon I am using made contact. This caused Origami to let go of Yuzuru. I catch Yuzuru before she hit the ground. Yuzuru then slowly open her eyes as she starts to breathe heavily due to lack of air caused by Origami. As soon as she got a good look at me, she then made a frightened expression.

John: "Yuzuru calm down! It's me John!"

Yuzuru: "J-John?"

John: "I'm here Yuzuru..."

Yuzuru: "You... look different..."

John: "What do you mean?"

Yuzuru weakly points at my body as I looked down to see some sort of armor on me. The armor is glowing blue.

John: "I have to be honest Yuzuru, I have no idea how I got that."

Yuzuru: "Admire... you look... really cool..." I let out a weak chuckle.

John: "Kaguya should be the one saying that, not you..."

I then sprinted towards where an unconscious Miku is before gently placing Yuzuru down on the grass.

John: "Watch Miku for me, you need to rest."

Yuzuru: "Ponder... I still don't understand... why would Origami wanted to hurt us..."

John: "I don't know either, but I will make sure she won't hurt you ever again. I won't forgive her for what she did especially since she almost killed you."

Yuzuru: "Plead... don't kill her... just make sure... she won't do it again... non lethally..."

John: "Okay... just because you asked."

I turned around to see Tohka already engaging with Origami in another battle to the point she managed to smack the latter down with the dull part of her broadsword, sending her down. Tohka then flew down in front of me after.

Tohka: "Is that you John?"

John: "Yeah... it's me."

Tohka: "Is this your astral armor?"

John: "I don't know Tohka... I just found out about it myself a couple minutes ago..."

Tohka: "Either case, you actually look really cool in that!" This comment earned a small chuckle from me.

John: "Heh, Yuzuru said the same thing too. Also, I saw what you did to Origami. Good job."

Tohka: "I made sure I hit her with the dull part of my blade to ensure she doesn't get hurt too critically. Hopefully that knocked some sense into her." I gave Tohka a pat on the head.

Origami: "Princess..."

We turned around to see Origami, in a form of dress now.

Tohka: "Tobiichi Origami!? You are a spirit now!?"

Origami: "With this new power... I will finally put an end to you Yatogami Tohka!"

I let out a sigh before summoning the weapon I used earlier that broke Origami's shield. It appears to be a katana but the blade is engulfed with a bright blue energy.

John: "Spirit or not, I won't hesitate to give you a beating if you dare lay your hands on anyone of my family."

Origami: "Tch, this isn't over Mundy..." Origami then teleports away from the area as I let out a sigh of relief.

John: "Looks like I don't have to hurt her... for now."

Tohka: "Were you thinking of killing her?"

John: "I was... until Yuzuru asked me not to..." Tohka gave me a small smile.