Chapter 23 - Missing Him

I adjusted my headphones on my head as my guitarist Jeremy gave me a thumbs up telling me he was good. He counted slowly and started strumming; not long after my vocals came in.

"In the shower together                                                                                                                       The water against out skin                                                                                                                    Our lips with no space between                                                                                                           As we let our darkest demons in"

The drums came through my headphones, it reminded me of a marching band beat, then it sped up into a rock beat.

"Don't let the fire we build die out                                                                                                  Don't let the pages we wrote be ripped out                                                                                        I know myself that I'm just hanging on                                                                                                But you know there is only so much I can take                                                                                   And I know I told you id wait                                                                                                              But please, oh please, oh please                                                                                                              Please come back to me"

I saw the producer Mark give us the stop signal and gave us a thumbs up. I turned and looked at Jeremy who was putting the guitar on a stand.

"Great sound, can't wait to play it live," He shook his long hair out his face and then proceeded to tie it up. A shiver ran down my spine as I thought 'that's what Harry does'. I smiled to myself and got my phone out.  I had a message from Harry; it was a selfie, of him in bed. The text along with it was "cuddles needed, Louis keeps offering but it's you I want."

I giggled slightly and then sighed; the boys were currently in California, only two months into their tour, another three months and I was able to see my boys again. I didn't just miss Harry I missed all of them. The apartment felt totally bare and too clean for my liking. There was no random blanket tug of wars, or pillow fights, or hostage nerf situations. Mairead was spending more time with us, she even moved most of her clothes into Nialls room, they skyped every night, even if it was just for five minutes before she went to bed, he always managed to call her, he said he just wanted to hear her voice and see her beautiful face once every day to keep him sane.

I walked out of the studio, collecting my song books and guitar from the floor next to the couch across from the sound desk, Mark was sitting at. Calista was asleep on the couch; it was 12'oclock, lunch time and we had been here since 5. Mark was my official manager and producer and wanted my album done by Friday, and it was currently Thursday. So it had been early starts and late finishes for the last couple of days.